Planning Time! - California M&G - Sept 5-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good morning all. You very may well be aware that the California M&G is quickly approaching. We are "hosting" the SoCal divers coming up - and need to see who would be willing to host / lead some of the shore diving events. Preferably at some of the good sites.

Pretty much we are looking for this:

- Saturday, 09/06 - Day Dive
- Saturday, 09/06 - Night Dive - I think I'll take this one on if there's interest
- Sunday, 09/10 - Day Dive

Anyone up for leading a dive? Please respond with your thoughts, if you want to lead, where, times, etc. :D Thanks!!! :D

I'll probably be down there all three days, coming in Friday after work.

I can lead a night dive on Friday, I'm open on Saturday, and have two reservations for Point Lobos on Sunday.

One way or another, I'll have a boat at Point Lobos. I'll need a couple buddies or three for Point Lobos on Sunday.

Don't forget about the Monterey Express and the Silver Prince for those of you who don't like shore diving.

Ann Marie has the Silver Prince set up to do a 3 Tank Morning Dive on Sat Sep 6. She got a really good deal on this so contact her to see if she has any spots available.

Also Capt Tim has graciously given us a discount on the Morning Dive on Sat Sep 6. To get the discount just go to the on-line reservation system and type in the comments box: "ScubaBoard MAG = $75".

I'll probably be down there all three days, coming in Friday after work.

I can lead a night dive on Friday, I'm open on Saturday, and have two reservations for Point Lobos on Sunday.

One way or another, I'll have a boat at Point Lobos. I'll need a couple buddies or three for Point Lobos on Sunday.

I'd like to dive off the boat at Lobos on Sunday!

See: Point Lobos State Reserve - Dive Calendar (net: No).

If you folks want to do a Lobos gig, you need to start planning three+ months ahead,
and get the reservations made opening day.

Because of the previous problems with trying to have M&Gs at Lobos and the # of divers coming up from SoCal, a non-Lobos shore dive to do that Sunday - to avoid excluding people, etc. would be a better idea. Just my $0.02.

So .... anyone want to volunteer a non-Lobos shore dive on Sunday? :)

Danno - would you want to lead a dive on Saturday? I am going to be on the Silver Prince. :)

I'll probably do two dives on Saturday. If it's beach diving, I'll probably go to Monastery in the morning and Coral Street for the second dive.

We just did two dives at North Monastery with Reef Check and walked in and out on both dives. I can cover proper procedures for diving Monastery for anyone who needs them, just let me know.

Here are the tide tables for the days: (obviously there's a problem with the tide table software for Sunday :wink: )

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

F 5 High 3:30 AM 3.5 6:43 AM Rise 12:46 PM 25
5 Low 7:56 AM 2.7 7:29 PM Set 10:27 PM
5 High 2:29 PM 5.0
5 Low 10:12 PM 1.1

Sa 6 High 5:19 AM 3.3 6:43 AM Rise 1:45 PM 34
6 Low 8:28 AM 3.1 7:28 PM Set 11:09 PM
6 High 3:18 PM 4.9
6 Low 11:29 PM 1.0

Su 7 High 4:22 PM 4.8 6:44 AM Rise 2:41 PM 43
7 7:26 PM Set 11:57 PM