Falls of Clyde

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptFlyingDutchman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sounds like the Falls of Clyde will not be above water for long. There is a article below about the fate of the Clyde.

The Clyde is the only surviving iron-hulled, four-masted full rigged ship, and the only surviving sail-driven oil tanker. It is listed as a National Historic Landmark. If you read the comments section on the article, alot of people want is saved.

I was thinking if it cannot be save, can it be an dive able artificial reef (like the
Carthaginian on Maui). That way we can enjoy it a little bit longer. The state is planning to sink it 15 miles off shore.

Falls of Clyde will be sunk unless rescue arrives soon | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser

IMG_2487.jpg

yeah, when we were in town last week we saw them taking down the masts. I went inside and asked and they didn't know what will happen to the ship.

What a waste...15 miles off shore :(, do you think it would be shallow enough for recreational out there?

there are talks now about sinking it in 100 feet off of Waianae coast near the "Mahi"

Hey Capt Scotty,

Are you sure???:confused: They were planning to sink it 15 miles off shore on Tuesday and that surprised everyone. It is delayed for now.

I hope it happens, it would be sweet

Last edited:
It would be...weird...odd? to see it under water and look at the deck where I danced with my wife at our wedding reception on the F of C, May 18,1980.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom