SeaRider or Song of Joy Puerto Galera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea rider is not a resort. its just a diveshop although they can help you arrange lodgings. the only one run by pinoys i think. rates are reasonable but place is a bit cramped. i think song of joy is foreign owned but one of the DMs of searider ended up working there for a while.

I have never used Song of Joy so I can't say anything about them except that I see their place everytime I pass by along Sabang Beach.

I have dived with SeaRiders many times and like their service. It's personable and Mark, the owner, is a great instructor and DM. It's just an added bonus for me that they happen to be the only Filipino owned dive shop in PG. As jigs said, they're only a dive shop and not a resort. I'm lucky to have never been there when it has been crowded but it is a small place. SeaRiders uses a speed boat and not a bangka. Mark happens to be a lurker on these forums.

What I do is stay along Small La Laguna and drop by to ask Mark what time he's available to dive or if I can tag along on a dive he's doing during the day. There are many nice places to stay along Small La laguna.

Searider is a good dive operator, Mark the owner is a very good guide in Macro or whatever type of diving you desire. there are rooms just at the back of his dive center, it's very accessible. EAt, Dive, And sleep is what we do there.
the songs of Joy is a new resort operated by Koreans. Though I have not tried diving with them yet. they now have refurbished the place, and they have far more superiors rooms now as they used to be. I used to check in there and dive there before when it used to be Triton Divers.
If you were to ask me, Go for Sea riders.

Another vote for searider. mark has also very flexible dive schedules compared to the fix time many operators follow in PG.

Both dive center are professional. Mark Narvacan is a nice guy and runs a good shop at SeaRider. Song Of Joy is new Korean shop - but both instructors Addy (UK) and Texon (Korea) are very experienced in the local area

By the way, I operate one of the other dive centers in the area, but recommend either of the above

my wife and I have done 60 dives throughout the Philippines in the last two months. Searider is our favorite dive shop so far. We have had some better dives in other places, but Mark has had the best service and the best DM.

Back
Top Bottom