Diving in Dallas area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DutchDown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So, I'll be visiting my daughter in Forney mid-September and I want to get wet. My son-in-law plans to get certified between now and then, so I guess I'll have a buddy. But I thought thought I would ask SB members familiar with the area where they go. Also, what thickness wetsuit is used commonly. In Holland, it's all drysuit diving, but I do have a 3mm and a 5mm I use in the Red Sea. I suppose I'll rent the other gear, aside from my mask, fins and suit since I doubt I'll get in more than 1 or 2 dives.

Suggestions and recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Your very best bet is Clear Springs Scuba Park just east of Forney some 12-15 miles. Nice place for locale diving.....3mil will be plenty....they also rent gear so could be a one stop shop-dive for you. Clear Spring Scuba Park is "clearly" different
:)

Clear Springs. Although, I recommend 5 mil wet suits for the place. Great dive park!

Thanks guys...sounds like I might want to dive at Clear Springs! Guess I better bring both suits, though. Might as well schlep all my stuff while I'm at it. Wonder if they have tanks with DIN fittings. The adapter I have punches the back of my head something fierce.

When you get here, make sure you hit the board up and let us know when you're going to CSSP, you're sure to have a dive buddy or three!!

DIN rentals are pretty rare around here.

Thanks for the extra info regarding the DIN regs, ZZZ. And thanks for the invite Harry. I'll be sure to check for buddies when I get there. I'll be house-bound at my daughter's and would welcome the chnce to get in as much diving as I can. But I'll be looking for buddies during office hours, so it might be tough.

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom