Curves and Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have curves, custom is a good way to go. While customs are usually more expensive, I've had both (I'm male and relatively flat) and it seems the customs last a lot longer than the off the shelf ones.

A custom shop in OB that I used to walk by every day had a suit hanging up for about a month that was so well fitted to the customers particular curves that every guy who saw it went in and asked for her name an phone number.

I'll chime in on this one. One of the reasons that I got a custom wetsuit was because of the problems I was having getting a suit that fit top-side. All of the rack suits that I tried on crushed me and actually made it difficult for me to breathe. I got my custom wetsuit from Liquid Fit. They do something like 5 measurements to make sure that the suit fits you properly in the breast. Wow!!! what a difference this makes. When my suit is hanging, you can really tell that the suit is for a gal.

Good luck to all of you!!
SWT

FYI for you curvy pear girls out there. Since I posted this original thread I've been trying on several brands of wetsuits. I actually found a brand that fits the hips and up top: Waterproof. That's the brand name - they are from Sweden and are popular in Europe. Just now starting to push their brand here in the States. (USA Website: Waterproof - USA)

Anyways, this has been the best fit so far. With my figure (posted in beginning of thread), the Medium Plus size fit me the best.

Just wanted you pears out there to know that options are available! The quality is awesome, and I"ll probably buy one of these soon. :)

FYI for you curvy pear girls out there. Since I posted this original thread I've been trying on several brands of wetsuits. I actually found a brand that fits the hips and up top: Waterproof. That's the brand name - they are from Sweden and are popular in Europe. Just now starting to push their brand here in the States. (USA Website: Waterproof - USA)

Anyways, this has been the best fit so far. With my figure (posted in beginning of thread), the Medium Plus size fit me the best.

Just wanted you pears out there to know that options are available! The quality is awesome, and I"ll probably buy one of these soon. :)

Be careful ordering from a company out of the country. If you need a repair or service it will cost a fortune in shipping....that's if they will repair it. I also have a custom suit by Wetwear. They can alter it or repair it when necessary with out a lot of hassle.

Chances are that if you can fit into a Henderson off the rack, you have a lot of options.

Visit some Scuba Expo's, and you will get a good feel for the custom, and wetsuit manufactures. If you can't find something off the rack, talk to the LDS owners. Many LDS's both online, and local just don't carry much of what many manufactures offer. Bare for example has suits in about a dozen sizes like Large/Short, Large/Tall, that you just won't generally see at the LDS.

Check out the manufactures websites, determine what they offer, and than see if you can find an LDS that carries some of these inbetween sizes.

If nothing fits right, than go custom. They are not that much more expensive especially if paying local prices, and you will get a suit that should fit perfectly.

Check out ScubaPro's new "FORM" line of wet suits. They are made from a hyperstrech type of material. I have the 6.5mm and it is the first 6mm+ wet suit I have owned that actually fit. It is easy to get on and off too. The super stretch neoprene may not not last as long as some of the neoprene suit materials with less stretch, but I am willing to sacrifice suit life for comfort. Plus the price was right. They retail for around $269.00 USD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom