Scubapro customer care...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magnus.s

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A shoulder buckle on my one year old Knighthawk broke on a divetrip in May. I dropped the BCD of at my local divestore when I got home. Today, two months(!) later, I got it back together with a plastic bag containing half a buckle and the message: "You will have to find your own tailor to stitch it on...".

Same thing, a shoulder buckle broke, when a friend borrowed my "coldwater" BCD, a seaQuest Black Diamond. That BCD was five years old and (it took them a while but) I got that back from seaQuest (or really Ursuk, the Swedish representative) with a new buckle at no cost. ((and the stitching work in that case must have been way more difficult))

Guess I'll be using my Black Diamond for a while, until I can find a tailor to stitch the buckle on and unstitch the Scubapro logo...

// Magnus;

Stitching can easely be done by a shoe repairshop.
Takes a couple of minutes and costs little or nothing.

good luck.

Thanks, I will do that. Just going to be pissed a while about how it could take them two months to do nothing :)...

// Magnus;

A shoulder buckle on my one year old Knighthawk broke on a divetrip in May. I dropped the BCD of at my local divestore when I got home. Today, two months(!) later, I got it back together with a plastic bag containing half a buckle and the message: "You will have to find your own tailor to stitch it on...".

That's unacceptable. Was the letter on a SP stationery or work order? It sounds like your shop just sat on it for two months then found a buckle and gave it back to you.

Generally SP goes at least 100% of what you expect and quite often a lot farther.

Terry

A shoulder buckle on my one year old KnightHawk broke on a dive trip in May. I dropped the BCD of at my local dive store when I got home. Today, two months(!) later, I got it back together with a plastic bag containing half a buckle and the message: "You will have to find your own tailor to stitch it on...".

Same thing, a shoulder buckle broke, when a friend borrowed my "cold-water" BCD, a seaQuest Black Diamond. That BCD was five years old and (it took them a while but) I got that back from seaQuest (or really Ursuk, the Swedish representative) with a new buckle at no cost. ((and the stitching work in that case must have been way more difficult))

Guess I'll be using my Black Diamond for a while, until I can find a tailor to stitch the buckle on and unstitch the ScubaPro logo...

// Magnus;

I agree with Web Monkey. I know of two KnightHawk BCs that were sent back to ScubaPro because of a broken shoulder strap swivel buckle (diver error). The LDS sent it out to ScubaPro and they replaced the swivel buckle and sewed it back on at no charge to the customer.

This is all possible, I've newer spoken directly with ScubaPro. In this case there might also be a third party, I'm guessing my divestore where dealing with the Swedish agent for ScubaPro rather then ScubaPro direct.

Two things that I do know.
* my divestore have been quick and helpful before
* It took someone two months not to repair my ScubaPro BCD

Then it's not a big issue and I do like the BCD, I will just take it to a shoe repairshop and it will be as good as new. This will though be in the "back of my head" when I buy new kit...

// Magnus;

Last edited:
I work closely with a local Scuba Pro shop and have never had any problems with service or repairs. Not only do they usually get things done for me in under 30 days, I've never had to pay for anything nor have I had to take it elsewhere for finishing touches. I would have to go with Web Moneky on this one and say that your shop may have been guilty of slacking off. They probably never sent the BCD in to save on shipping costs and more then likely just ordered the buckle as a free replacement to save themselves time and money. If I were you, I would call one of the following to get it resolved: 1) The manager of the shop in question to complain and get it fixed properly and on a rush basis at their expense 2) Call a different Scuba Pro dealer and have them deal with it properly 3) Call Scuba Pro and let them know what happened and how unhappy you are with the service you recieved and let them take care of it and deal accordinly with the shop in question.

This is after all a service based industry and bad experiences beget bad rumors and Scuba Pro won't want their name mixed up with these types of experiences. Either route you go, Good luck!

That is a poor effort on Scubapro's part. Here in Australia though, Scubapro has been more than helpful. Admittedly the only Scubapro gear I own are two wetsuits and when my Thermal Tec started developing holes around the ankle zips (after a year), Scubapro happily exchanged it for a brand new replacement, no questions asked.

My BCD is a Seaquest. Best BCDs around in my opinion :D

Well I did talk to the store manager (it's a small store and it's usually just him there) and he claims he had to beg ScubaPro (or their Swedish agent?) to get (half) the buckle at no cost and that there was nothing more that they could do. Then he offered me contact details if I wanted to "pursue" this...

It will not cost me much to have it stitched on and the "matter" has already taken way more time then it's worth.

// Magnus;

While I only use SP for their regs, that's the most poor customer service imaginable. I feel you pain though. Rest assured the problems are everywhere. Last March I ordered nearly a 4 grand dry suit package from DUI and while they got it to me ASAP, the suit did not match the measurements given. I waited actually longer to get the suit altered than I did to have it built. In the mean time, I had to cancel out on a dive trip since it was still too cold to dive wet.

I hope you find a way to get your BC fixed so you don't have to miss out on any more diving than necessary. This would be a good time to consider a simple back plate and wings. Lol.

Safe diving,

Kenny

Back
Top Bottom