F.I.T. Lens Adapter for WP-DC21/G9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MR_Photo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I currently own:

- Canon G9 with OEM canon house (WP-DC21)
- 2x YS-27DX w/fiber optic triggers
- Fantasea XL Stay Slot Tray
- 2x Fantasea flexarms

I've been very happy so far with the pictures this rig takes and I'm ready to move a little in equipment. I'd like to start working with a wide angle lens, but don't want to spring for the Ikelite.

I was wondering if anyone has used the F.I.T. adapter here:

"豐英水中撮影機材 FUN-IN Underwater Photo Equipment"

Have you had a positive experience with it?
Do you know who the manufacturer is or how I can find more information about it?
How does it attach to the case? Can the wide-angle lenses be applied underwater?
Does the adapter provide any magnification in and of itself?

Thanks for your help!

According to the description, it can only be used with close-up lenses. Probably there would be too much vignetting with a wide angle.

I just got it from Fun-in together with UCL165M67; seem this adapter is their own product. No chance to try here before my trip to Bali early August. Easy to use by plugging the adapter into WP21 port; secured by rubber o-ring inside the adapter.
I don't think will work with WA.

The problem of using wide angle wet lenses like the Inon UWL-100 with the Canon WP-DC21 and WP-DC11 housings for the Canon G9 & G7, is due to the length of the port, no matter what adapter you fitted or used. With the length of the Canon port, you would need to zoom the camera in to get rid of the vignetting, which counters the effect of the wide angle lens, so it wouldn't give you the wide angle shots you wanted.
The only solution is to choose a housing like the Ikelite or Patima, that allows you to change the port for a short port when you want to shoot wide angle using an additional wide angle wet lens.

Hello I am an avid diver and underwater photographer and have discoverd the many adapters that are available to the G9 canon housing. The FIT adapter is the cheapest. Does it work well? Where did you get it? how does the UCL 165 work?

FAntasea came out with a similar lens, with adapters but run around $260 for both adapters and macro lens... I would appreciate any insight.

Thanks and safe travels

James

James,
I can't compare with other adapter & lens - as FIT adapter and UCL165M67 is the only adapter & macro lens I have.
However, I can say it work well; there's no problem at all; we (in fact, my daughter has acquire my camera set most of the time) have been using for more than 100 dives - still in good condition.
I also quite happy with UCL165M67 and considering to purchase 1 more for stacking (dual lens)
Just click the first link below my signature to visit my daughter blog where she put most of her pictures or you can also find her pictures in my gallery.

I bought from Fun-in FUN-IN Underwater Photographic Equipment. You can also purchase from DiverVision.com: Online Shopping for Underwater Housings, Strobes, Lenses, Computers & more - same owner.

Cheers

I never did end up buying the FIT adapter. Instead I found Brian Mayes web page (see link below) and with a little patience, was able to put together my own adapter for macro lenses. That said, his modification will not work for a wide angle lens as the canon housing's lens port is too long; by the type you've zoomed the camera past the black bracketing from the lens, you've just returned to the same wide angle the g9 came with. For my results, check out picasaweb.google.com/mathewrobbins and look for the macro pics of sea slugs

Brian's Camera Mod

Back
Top Bottom