Atomic B2 vs. Oceanic EOS FDX10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pasaltran

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for opinions out there... Is the Atomic worth the extra $$$ I am new to diving, plan on diving ~50-80 times per year. Also will to a trip to the keys or Bonaire at least once a year. I only like to purchase things once, so I like stuff that lasts. Opinions..

thanks

All of today's regs will last a long time. You should consider your type of diving (cold water, deep, only tropical recreational??). Then consider service in your area. Here in socal I stick to Atomic and Scubapro because the service is excellent.

Can't go wrong with either an Atomic or Scubapro reg. I think 8/10 people on this board would put those two up against anything made today.

I use the Ocenix FDX 10 ands I do deep cold water in Lake Erie and also in Tobermory. It is avery good reg and It is rated by NOAA as the one for them in cold water

Well I am located in Orlando, FL. So I will mainly doing warm water. What are the good Oceanic models? is the EOS worth the money?

The Atomics are outstanding regs by all accounts as are Scuba Pro's (I believe the MK 25 is virtually identical to a B2). Service is what you really need to look for. For me, Atomic service is actually a bit of a PITA but I wasn't aware when I bought them. In hindsight, I may have gone with SP's just because there are an abundance of shops that service them around me and in most places that you are likely to dive. Pricing can be another challenge. Atomic is proud for sure.

Aside from that, the Atomics are drool worthy and you will be the envy of all your friends.

BTW, as far as the cold water thing is concerned... don't get too hung up on it. If your going to dive cold water, get a cold water kit but you also need to take proper precautions and know the limits. The fact is that you can freeze any reg under the right conditions. I've done it and know first hand. It can happen but you should know how to minimize the risk and if it does happen, you should know how to deal with it.

Well I am located in Orlando, FL. So I will mainly doing warm water. What are the good Oceanic models? is the EOS worth the money?

The Eos is the top of the line balance 1st and 2nd stage. Not to much info on it yet, to new.

But if you want something less expensive, the oceanic Delta 4 is a bit less, and the GT3 is even less. The Delta uses to be their top of the line, and is US Navy approve reg for the divers for depth and cold water. But the GT3 is an excellent reg good for the rec diver, it is also good if you somehow find your self diving cold water once in a blue moon. And has an adjustable 2nd stage. My friend just pick up a GT3, and she dives in Germany, cold lake water. Oceanic has great customer service and a great company to deal with. Can not go wrong with any of the three regs mention, just need to decide how much bells and whistle you want. I do not think it is worth the extra money for the Atomic. Oceanic is just as good.

Although I admit that I have never tried either rig, I can tell you that I dive Atomic Z2. Not long ago, I had the opportunity to try an Oceanic Delta IV. After a deep dive and a shallow one, I could not wait to go back to my Atomic

I just got the Atomic ST1 and the SS1. I was like you, only wanted to make one purchase without having to upgrade for many years.

I have tried a few different ones and absolutely love my Atomic.

I have the Oceanic Delta 4 with FDX10 first stage. No probs but not many dives on it. Will be diving the USS Oriskany next week so I will get to try it deep. Let you know how it goes. The customer service is very good with Oceanic.

My recommendations are always Scubapro, Apek, and Aqualung first. It's kind of a hobby of mine to have get new regulators all the time. I don't service them meaning I have people do that for me. When I'm board of them they go to a luck person on Ebay. I've been diving for 23 years and through that time the Scubapro and Aqualung have consistently been the best and serviceable. Of the two I'd recommend the Atomic. I have never owned a Atomic but the B2 is on my next years list. I'm only allowed to get one a year. Over my 23 years Oceanics have been good, bad, good, bad, good, bad, good...

Back
Top Bottom