Curves and Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tgrllyct

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I know that there is usually no such thing as "the" perfect wetsuit fit, unless you have it custom-made.

I'm wondering if anyone can offer feedback on certain manufacturers whose women's wetsuit sizing might fit better for someone who is more pear-shaped (36C-31-41). I know I can't be the only person out there who has trouble finding a wetsuit that actually fits the hips AND the top half without having the top half baggy!!

I currently have a new Henderson Thermoprene size 10 that fits pretty good - still a few small pockets up top. I may have to use a skin up top to fill in the space. But maybe someone knows a manufacturer that seems to fit better than others for our voluptuous body shapes?

Thanks for the feedback!

I am a little on the heavy side and have a trouble finding a wetsuit to fit. Because I am 5'3, and my weight, I would have to go with a HUGE suit to fit with most companies and do major shortening. I found that that the henderson Hyperstretch was really great

I like the Aqualung Aqua-flex (I think that's the name) I actually wear a size smaller than normal since it is stretchy; that way it fits my upper-torso and the lower half too.

So I know that there is usually no such thing as "the" perfect wet suit fit, unless you have it custom-made.

I'm wondering if anyone can offer feedback on certain manufacturers whose women's wet suit sizing might fit better for someone who is more pear-shaped (36C-31-41). I know I can't be the only person out there who has trouble finding a wet suit that actually fits the hips AND the top half without having the top half baggy!!

I currently have a new Henderson Thermoprene size 10 that fits pretty good - still a few small pockets up top. I may have to use a skin up top to fill in the space. But maybe someone knows a manufacturer that seems to fit better than others for our voluptuous body shapes?

Thanks for the feedback!

You could check out Wet Wear at the following URL. I have a custom made 5 mm and 3 mm and they fit really well. They fit well when i originally got and again after they resized them after I lost 53 pounds.

I would look at their EZ-On jump. With the EZ-On you get the best of both worlds. The suit is much easier to put on and you don't have to get the stretch version so the suit does not compress anywhere as much as the stretchy neoprene.

The arm and leg zippers are all gusseted to prevent water leakage. The also offer a spine pad that fills the gap in the spine.

Some of mainline manufacturers are also offering custom options. I believe Pinnacle and Bare now offer customization of the wet suits.

Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities

You could check out Wet Wear at the following URL. I have a custom made 5 mm and 3 mm and they fit really well. They fit well when i originally got and again after they resized them after I lost 53 pounds.

I would look at their EZ-On jump. With the EZ-On you get the best of both worlds. The suit is much easier to put on and you don't have to get the stretch version so the suit does not compress anywhere as much as the stretchy neoprene.

The arm and leg zippers are all gusseted to prevent water leakage. The also offer a spine pad that fills the gap in the spine.

Some of mainline manufacturers are also offering custom options. I believe Pinnacle and Bare now offer customization of the wet suits.

Welcome to Wetwear - Custom Wet Suits of Rubatex Neoprene for Scuba Diving and All Water Activities

Good to know! I'll check out the wetwear site - thanks!

ronbeau is right. Wetwear can really make you a suit that fits great both on top and bottom. I am also very curvy, so I know where you are coming from. The problem with getting a hyper stretch or any other wetsuit that has to stretch to fit you, is that you loose thickness and durability. If you are taking a 3mm wetsuit and you have to stretch it to its max in some areas to fit you....those areas are much thinner than 3mm.

They have a great back zipper that zips on an angle down your back.....and they make it really long. This is great for girls like us because it opens up the waist area some to squeeze our voluptuous hips through. They also have an actual cup area built into the suit so that our breasts don’t feel like they are being smashed!

From one pear to another.......good luck!

ronbeau is right. Wetwear can really make you a suit that fits great both on top and bottom. I am also very curvy, so I know where you are coming from. The problem with getting a hyper stretch or any other wetsuit that has to stretch to fit you, is that you loose thickness and durability. If you are taking a 3mm wetsuit and you have to stretch it to its max in some areas to fit you....those areas are much thinner than 3mm.

They have a great back zipper that zips on an angle down your back.....and they make it really long. This is great for girls like us because it opens up the waist area some to squeeze our voluptuous hips through. They also have an actual cup area built into the suit so that our breasts don’t feel like they are being smashed!

From one pear to another.......good luck!

Thanks so much - us Pears need to stick together! :)
I'm looking at their site now and will show it to my husband - I'm glad to know that they make good quality suits, and the extra long zipper is a huge plus!

:useless:

I'm suprised a thread titled "Curves and Wetsuits" has gone so long without the above smiley being posted. :D

Settle down boys!!!! I'll have to leave it to your imaginations....I stink at downloading pictures and stuff. So sorry no pics!!

Back
Top Bottom