A New Dive Buddy for Dr. Bill

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is so very, very cool, Dr. B! Congrats!!!!

Well, my son Kevin passed his OW with no problem today. We celebrated tonight... by falling asleep on the couch! I had planned to take him out to dinner.

Tomorrow we dive... report and pictures to follow.

Congratulations Kevin (& Dr. Bill) !!!!!

That is great news. :monkeydan:chicken::wave-smil

Oh Kevin, by the way, contrary to what Dad may tell you, wetsuits do wear out.

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Kevin!!!!!

We will be waiting for some pics.

Rick

It was my pleasure to meet Kevin yesterday while he was getting ready to dive with his class. He seems to be a very nice young man and looked extremely happy to get certified. Good fortune Kevin and to you as well Dr. Bill!

OK, so we did the three dives today after I introduced Kevin to almost all my friends at the dive park. Why, he's almost done as many dives this month as I have!

Other than the usual things with new divers (hand sculling, slight buoyancy control issues in the shallows) Kevin did great. We stayed together, he enjoyed taking pix with his camera (and got some nice ones for his first tries), I enjoyed taking video of him. I pointed out a lot of thingies to him as we slowly meandered through the south end of the park. I even (dare I say it) took him to the wrecks (a whole 8' past his certified depth limit).

I've included one picture of the two of us. I must admit that the picture appalls me. I look terribly overweight, my cheeks are fat and I have my mini-hood covering my thick crop of hair. Oh, in case you had trouble telling the two of us apart... he's the one in the brand new wetsuit (the one thing I bought him), I'm the one in the tattered one.

Dive gear $3,000+; Air fills for dives $37; Diving with my son Priceless

Dr%20Bill%20and%20Kevin%20first%20dive%2001sm.jpg

Oh, look for a new wetsuit soon. The dive instructor who took pity on me a year ago January and gave me his slightly used Tilos semi-dry (the now "holy" wetsuit I dived in today), gave me a nice O'Neill that just needs a new zipper.

Congrats on finding all this stuff out.. I have often wondered if I might also have a "suprise" kid somewhere. Way back when, years ago (he/she would be adult now) I was dating this young girl, and one day I went by as usual to visit, and they told me she was no longer there, and to go away. and the door slammed shut. forever. She never returned to the school or town as far as I can tell. She was at a foster home though. Always in the back of my mind to this day.
Did you know about him before or was this a complete suprise?

Back
Top Bottom