The rabbit hits the open water with the Omega Flip Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber's reviews are always entertaining!
You could always roll south and I’ll let you try my set!

I could do both and see if the color makes a difference in performance... :D

I could do both and see if the color makes a difference in performance... :D

His black ones make it easier to sneak up on unsuspecting buddies, my orange or yellow ones are nice for staying "found". :D

I really do like the orange, there's so many yellow fins in the quarry these days it's nice to stand out in a crowd....not that I don't stand out without them :rofl3:
Ber :lilbunny:

His black ones make it easier to sneak up on unsuspecting buddies, my orange or yellow ones are nice for staying "found". :D

I really do like the orange, there's so many yellow fins in the quarry these days it's nice to stand out in a crowd....not that I don't stand out without them :rofl3:

You hardly need orange fins to stand out in a crowd!:rofl3::rofl3:

Flip_fins_and_rabbit_ears.jpg

after looking at the pics i was wondering why you haven't painted little bunny faces on the foot portion of the fins yet. :)

Ticketsales on the Rabbitflipfinshow will start shortly.:rofl3::rofl3:

That is the best part about being staff with her......steve_dives and I never have to pay for tickets to the show and we always get a front row seat :D

Having been there for this, although I was never in the water watching her try to get them to flip down (but knowing our hero rabbit and her vivid account I dang near spit out my drink) but I was there to see how they worked. Although I was a little occupied tryin to teach myself how to dry dive without a class (she tells me on the first SI that they have a class, thanks Ber) things were well. The vis was crappy at best but the orange fins stood out real well, and by the second dive there were a lot of people on the dock just to see them. The seemed to work well, and even possibly allowed her to swim to the right and not always a slow left hand pull. Call it a fin alignment?

after looking at the pics i was wondering why you haven't painted little bunny faces on the foot portion of the fins yet. :)

OMG! I TOTALLY SEE IT!

If only I were an artist...maybe there is a stencil somewhere....

If anyone sees me with a bunny face on the toes :dork2: you can thank goldenbear :D

Now this has been a :rofl3: thread to read. I am glad I had my :popcorn: handy. However in all seriousness, I do need to ask if others have had negative experiences with these fins similar to our FFFB (Famous Fuzzy Friend Ber - kind of like BFF's but different). I look at these fins and remember walking into the water in Bonaire carrying fins and camera equipment and then I remember holding onto the camera (it is clipped to my BC but I do not want my strobe/TTL connection to get banged or anything) while I put my fins on in even a mild surf....these fins really caught my attention. I could easily see myself with a second set of fins (used primarily for travel).

Does anybody have any amout of time logged with them? I am curious if the locking mechanism slips at all or wears. If all in all it comes highly recommended then I will talk to the distributor in my area (I believe he works out of a van - just kidding but my area does not have a store that caries them) to see if they have something I can see and/or try out.

Feedback is appreciated.

BTW Ber....that hood is GREAT. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom