New and almost certified :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NeveSSL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all!

This past spring I went through the first SCUBA course at MTSU (GREAT program, FWIW) and I will finally be able to do my checkout dives in about 2 weeks. :)

I'm pumped! Not sure where I'll go from here. I'm really interested in underwater photography though. I also have a reef tank so I'm already familiar with a lot of the animals. :)

We also have some rescue courses at MTSU and I think NITROX training as well. I'll definitely be pursuing those if I'm able to stay at MTSU (depends on whether I get a job or not... job=work... no job = masters degree :wink: ).

I'm also about to graduate with my bachelors in August. Can't wait!

I also work from time to time in pro audio (touring) and I absolutely love gadgets and what not, whether they be SCUBA, guitar, or reefing.

Thats enough rambling out of me for now. :)

Brandon

Hey Brandon and welcome to the site....if you like your gadgets, get ready to empty your pockets!!!!!! There is so many toys out there and only one of me!!

Welcome to Scuba Board, Brandon.

Once you get certified and do some more dives you'll slowly lean toward a particular path, and that path will continuously change. When I got OW last year, I thought that was as far as I'd want to go but after doing some dives and talking to various dive buddies, I'm now nitrox certified, and am going for my AOW next week. All this because some advanced dive buddies encouraged me to expand my skills plus I wanted to continue diving with them and they were all AOW. I did not want to slow them down.

And yes, all the gadgets, divers love their gadgets. Welcome to the club.

Good luck on your checkout dive in two weeks.

Thanks for the replies! :)

I was hoping to get AOW this Spring on a trip MTSU was taking, but I wasn't able to swing it. Maybe next time. :)

I'm looking forward to gadgets! :D Although I will need to get a job. :wink:

Brandon

WOOHOO! Finished up this weekend. :D

The awesome thing is that all of our skills were done in the class in the pool. So when we went to the quarry, we just dove!

It was great! We were at Martha's Quarry in Lebannon, TN. Its a quarry that flooded before they could get everything out (they hit too many springs :) ) and is a really neat place to dive. There's everything from giant crusher houses to cashregisters down there, and even a greyhound bus. :D

I did get sunburned BAD the first day. We were in southern Florida last week (it was killing me I wasn't certified yet) and my skin peeled. Then come to find out UV rays penetrate water rather well. :rolleyes: I now have 2nd degree burns on my shoulders and had to dive like that yesterday! Fortunately it was only on the outside edges of my shoulder so my overall-like wetsuit and BC didn't bother it too much, so I was still able to enjoy the diving yesterday. :)

Anyway, I'm pumped! Not to mention I can finally put my "NAUI Diver" bumper sticker on my truck without feeling like a fraud. LOL

Brandon

Oh! And now I can change my profile to reflect my new certification as well. :)

Probably this coming spring I'm going to work on AOW, Nitrox, SLAM, and a few other add ons. Maybe even cavern or drysuit if we can talk our instructor into it. :)

Brandon

Congrats!! Welcome aboard. Im located in East Tenn and heard about Matrtha's Quarry. Maybe you can take me on a tour of the quarry (need dive buddy).

Welcome & Congrats from sunny FLA!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom