Photos from a week at AKR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryssyr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I posted some photos from a week at AKR here.

It was a great week of diving. Good vis, warm water and a nice dive operation there. The photos are from a small point and shoot so the quality is not the best, but you can get the idea. Hope you all get there sometime!

-Robin

You have the eye of an artist.... not just a camera handler. Nice stuff.

Thanks for the kind words Doc. VT, I used a point and shoot sea and sea DX860G. the focus is really slow on the thing and its hard to take a shot that doesnt come out blurry with it. I have a digital SLR that i'm thinking of getting a housing for.

robin: thanks for the great photos. Really gives me good idea of the individual sites (from other then a guide book)! where'd you dive with the sharks?

The shark dive was done on the southwest side. It was booked through Anthonys key and was an extra 100 bucks. I was really skeptical at first and during the pre-dive briefing it looked like the chum bucket was going to be 20-30 feet away from us. Once we went down the anchor line and got seated i noticed the bucket about 2-3 feet in front of me. The sharks were very up close and personal. They seemed really calm, and it was worth the extra for the experience.

One warning: The current is strong there and the surface waves are 4-5ft min. The boat is rocking out there and you have to do a single file anchor line descent. Its also single file back from the buoy line safety stop. I would bring a pair of gloves to hang onto the line with so you dont tear up your hands on a whipping line on ascent or stops.

Hey Robin!

How cool to run across photos of myself and Mrs. DivingPanda with her ScubaDoo-Rag on the Odyssey! And I'm glad you got a shot of the PigFish! :wink:

Will email you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom