Wetsuit for the Pot Belly Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire5man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Can anyone suggest a good wet suit for a pot belly diver. Something that will not make you look like you are committing a crime:D in the wearing of one? Think 5ft 6in 225lbs all in the belly:shakehead: 5-7mil

Thanks

YEP, YEP & YEP! NetDoc is absolutly right! Wetwear is perfect for you. From one potbelly to another....good luck!

You should consider something with a stretch in it, like the Henderson Hyperstretch. At you height and weight, you should be able to get a nice off the rack suit. I wouldn't recommend a suit made from rubatex, as that material is very stiff.
SWT

fire5man

Given your stats and description of the distribution you won't be doing yourself any favors with a "super stretch" suit. I suggest working with one of the many custom providers. Wet Wear has been mentioned, we have also had good results with LiquidFit and Atlan.

Pete

Old suit maker but good one Harvey's would be my suggestion. Here in the Olympia area I'm finding the LDS's using them for rental suits. 200% stretch can't be all bad. They must hold up well. Used to be very popular years ago. I too have the belly thing going on at 5'10" and 210lbs.

I've got a similar problem in the height/weight category. I'm 5'8" and 230. According to the sizing charts I needed to be 6'2" (in my wife's dreams maybe). Tried on a 2XL 7mm AquaLung AquaFlex at my local dive shop and was surprised how well it fit. Went home to tell the wife what I wanted for my birthday and just happened to look on ebay. Found one of that size practically brand new for a fraction of the cost.

If you're buying off the rack, buy according to your weight and DEFINITELY get one made out of the Hyper/Super/Maxi stretch material. Try it on to make sure it fits your problem area (belly). The legs might be a little long, the arms too, but you can pull it up or have it shortened at an alterations shop that knows how to work with neoprene. Off the rack won't fit perfectly, but will work nicely. If you can find what you want on a deal someplace, even better.

Back
Top Bottom