What is your favorite shark and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bonnet heads! that's the closest to a hammerhead I've ever seen...Nurse sharks are always cool! (and friendly)

I'd love to see a whale shark, just because they are HUGE!

I like the nurse sharks. They are just very sleek looking, and don't have the gnarly snaggle-toothed grin like sandtigers, or bullsharks. I also like the fact that they couldn't gnaw my arm off even if they wanted to.

If I had ever seen a whale shark, my preference may have been different.

I like the nurse sharks. They are just very sleek looking, and don't have the gnarly snaggle-toothed grin like sandtigers, or bullsharks. I also like the fact that they couldn't gnaw my arm off even if they wanted to.

If I had ever seen a whale shark, my preference may have been different.

I would love to see a sandtiger. I don't want to see a bullshark, but I would rather see a bullshark than have it see me first :) I've seen nurse sharks, bonnethead (also known as shovel-nosed) sharks, and a reef shark on reefs, as well as small spinner sharks in the surf.

Thresher. I hear that they are really hard to find and that they are threatened by extinction.

I agree with the above posts.... there are so many cool sharks, it's hard to just pick 1.

Bonnet heads, hammer heads, whale sharks, white tips, Caribbean reef sharks....

I also think Zebra sharks are cool. I really enjoyed watching the transformation from pups to adults. I get to dive with Sand Tigers on occasion and have fun shark tooth hunting.

but alas my favorite aquatic animal is in the ray family and not a shark.
the bowmouth guitarfish

you gotta admit they look awesome!
photo.jpg

Bonnet heads! that's the closest to a hammerhead I've ever seen...Nurse sharks are always cool! (and friendly)

I'd love to see a whale shark, just because they are HUGE!

We have whalesharks here in the philippines. you could go scuba/free diving with them.

Back
Top Bottom