OMS Single Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it says OMS on the label, I'd avoid it like the plague.

Their gear is as good as their customer service.

I can't speak to everything that OMS makes...nor can I speak to their customer service...but I have an OMS wing I use, and I actually really like. Never had any issues with it. Also have one of their regulators that is doing duty on deco bottles, and again...never had an issue, but then you don't really have to have state-of-the-art for deco bottles.

I have heard that their customer service isn't good, but haven't had to use it so that hasn't been a factor for me.

I would be interested in finding out why the previous poster felt their gear was sub-par for my own education. Was this personal experience???

Having said all that, I doubt you are going to get the kind of customer service from OMS that you will dealing with DSS.

Last edited:
OMS - OK gear and your on your own.
DSS - High quality gear with OUTSTANDING service and support.

I also have an OMS set: SS BP&W w/ STA, comfort harness and 45# bungee wing.
I only started diving it recently and after a few dives have no complaints.

The quality of the gear seems high based on what I have.

I'm of the thought that I'd rather not be in a situation where I need to use customer service even from the best of manufacturers.

So instead of bashing them for poor CS I'd like to hear about the gear both good and bad in comparison to similar products.

OMS - OK gear and your on your own.
DSS - High quality gear with OUTSTANDING service and support.

What he said.

I would rather not be in a situation where I would need customer service, either, duh! But when the gear falls apart, what are you going to do?

Read my thread about my experience with poor-quality OMS gear and even worse OMS customer DIS-service:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/whine-cheeze/201463-complaints-about-oms-gear-customer-service.html

Oh, and BTW, the welds on my OMS STA have failed and now the attachement bolts are loose. I have to use a pair of pliers to hold the bolts in order to tighten the wing nuts.

Last edited:
I have been diving with an OMS 32lb single wing as my warm water rig since 2005 and love the thing. Built in tank stabilizer is a god sent. If setup and break down is a big thing for you..... The OMS with double tank bands takes a couple of minutes and you have to thread the cam bands but the DSS only takes a couple of seconds and they also have the built in sta. I do not have hands on experience with the dss products but I think you will have a hard time finding any bad reviews about them.

Wow, I'm looking at putting my Oceanic Chute 3 away and upgrade to a full OMS wing /plate etc. I had my mind all made up and you guys really changed my mind. What other brands should I look at. The kicker is I can get the rig for a super sweet deal. Now what do I do?

Wow, I'm looking at putting my Oceanic Chute 3 away and upgrade to a full OMS wing /plate etc. I had my mind all made up and you guys really changed my mind. What other brands should I look at. The kicker is I can get the rig for a super sweet deal. Now what do I do?

The simple answer? Call Tobin at DSS

https://www.deepseasupply.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom