Banana drama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a fine line between respecting someone's right to hold their beliefs and respecting those beliefs.

I have found that believers generally confuse the two positions.
For the record, that is quite wrong. I find it quite different to respect others' rights in their beliefs while not giving the beliefs any degree of respect myself.
Because that is exactly what you are doing. By not confronting the belief, you are validating it. You are allowing it to continue, you are giving it power.
Nah. Peaceful coexistence with is not that challenging. Acceptance can be a marvelous trait.

Gosh, what a silly thread. It is interesting how many divers have an opinion on superstitions as silly as this banana deal. Goes to prove how little we've advanced when it comes to the fears we developed in caves so many thousands of years ago.

Where's me rabbits foot?

This topic looks like it may be in competition with I'd like to see a tank explode.

This topic looks like it may be in competition with I'd like to see a tank explode.
what!:11:
I thought it never exploded!
banana on the other hand...well, go back 200+ posts :D

why that thread (tank one) is not there anymore BTW??

One would hope. Sadly history disagrees...

so why continue the legacy of intolerance? why not break the cycle by practicing tolerance and respect?

so why continue the legacy of intolerance? why not break the cycle by practicing tolerance and respect?
nah, that would make it less exciting for future history scholars:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom