Banana drama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what you are saying is we should all just blame George Bush?
That would be fair - but too easy. Not nice to pick on morons, even those with friends in high places.

Not nice to pick on morons, even those with friends in high places.
thought the white house is only 2 storeys high:confused:
never been to the states though:blinking:

Oil tycoon's?

i go off on people when they leave hats on beds. bad, bad juju. wonder if it is worse on boats? I divorced my first, third, and fourth wives because they sat my hat on the bed. that caused the relationships bad luck. or maybe because i thought their beliefs were ignorant and refused to respect them.

i think the new scapegoat would be video games, rap music was so '90s.

as far as not respecting beliefs of someone when you think they are ridiculous, THAT'S the problem these days.

i go off on people when they leave hats on beds. bad, bad juju. wonder if it is worse on boats? I divorced my first, third, and fourth wives because they sat my hat on the bed. that caused the relationships bad luck. or maybe because i thought their beliefs were ignorant and refused to respect them.

Umm as this is a text-based medium I cannot tell if you are for real or joking... I hope joking :wink:

as far as not respecting beliefs of someone when you think they are ridiculous, THAT'S the problem these days.
Goes back before the Crusades, probly to the origin of civilization and has continued without interruption. That's exactly why I respect boat traditions, local culture traditions, religious traditions, etc so matter how silly I personally think they are - as long as they don't infringe on others. Forcing a banana overboard without drama is not a problem; certainly pales in comparisons to what successful religions have done when they invaded new lands.
Umm as this is a text-based medium I cannot tell if you are for real or joking... I hope joking :wink:
Real. It is bad luck to put a hat on a bed - known in many cultures where hats are everyday wear anyway, including Texas cowboys. Got 20 hats on the wall but never a one on the bed. :cowboy2:

Real. It is bad luck to put a hat on a bed - known in many cultures where hats are everyday wear anyway, including Texas cowboys. Got 20 hats on the wall but never a one on the bed. :cowboy2:

I figured the superstition was real, just wasn't sure if he was serious about the divorcing! :)

On the hat thing I was also taught nver put one on a table or counter.

Not all beliefs are worthy of respect. Some are worth of apathy, some are worthy of ridicule, some are worthy of disdain.

I disagree with the idea that the problem we have now are due to the lack of respecting others beliefs. Instead, I think the problem is too many people are willing to believe things that are really silly, and sometimes destructive.

Too many people are willing to turn off their rational thought and accept ideas that they should know have no basis in reality.

I don't apologize for promoting rationality over superstition.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom