Destin Jetty Report/Conditions 7/3/2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLENFWB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Skipped work today and made a trip out to the Destin Jetties. Some friends from The Scuba Shop were heading out to the jetties, so I decided to tag along. Thought I would report on Jetty conditions for those of you who might be diving the Jetties on the 4th or 5th.

Tides were a little strange today. They were more of a swirling tide, with the direction changing, depending upon which part of the jetty you were at. Visibility was only about 25 feet. But, there is plenty of marine life on the jetties.

Crowds were huge as you would expect during the 4th of July weekend. Watch out for the snorklers...they are as thick as ants out there. Nothing else out of the ordinary...haven't checked the water temp on my computer yet, but some of the folks diving with us got chilly with their 1 mm suits. I have a little more "insulation" then some people , so my 1 mm was fine for me.

Right now they are saying 40% chance. There were rain storms popping up all around us, but didn't have any rain at the jetties while we were there. I will be out on a boat in Destin tomorrow so I am hoping we can avoid the storms...just depends where the clouds form.

thanks for the report. Hopefully weather holds up this weekend as Tally isn't looking too nice.

Yeah, guess I am longing for those 50' to 60' viz. days...5' viz and NOT working would have been fine with me!:D

Only 25' visibility? You guys say I'm getting spoiled! HA! :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom