Vis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vis at Redondo yesterday was nill for about the first 20ft. Then it opened up to about 3ft but there was so much crud in the water that there was no light penetration and it was pitch black.

Three tree North had around 20 ft after you got below 20 ft yesterday.

We tried to dive Edmonds tonight. Viz out almost to the first buoy at high tide was about 3'. Current was blowing very strongly north. My nose was in the eelgrass before I knew I had hit bottom. After about five minutes underwater, we called the dive and went to dinner.

Vis at Redondo was less than 5 feet above 40 fsw ... and cleared up to 10-15 feet as we approached 90 fsw.

Although vis wasn't all that great, the dive was. We found four tiny lumpsuckers ... as well as stubby squid, octopus, juvenile sailfin sculpins, two Taylor's sea hares, and several other interesting critters.

That was the fourth consecutive Redondo dive that I had seen lumpsuckers on ... and I STILL haven't managed a good picture. They're all really tiny ... I suspect they all hatched from the same batch of eggs ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Vis at Edmonds today around 3pm was 5 feet at low tide, then around 5pm was 1 foot at best. Was good to get one good dive in and try out the new drysuit :)

We dove Cove 2 yesterday. There was zero vis for the first 20ft because of the alge layer. At depth it opened up to about 8 - 10 ft. Not great conditions but still an overall fun dive.

I looking forward to GREAT vis this weekend. We're diving at Clear Lake!

I dove Ft. Ward (Bainbridge Island) Saturday, 28 June. Vis was about 10 feet in 11 fsw at high tide with water that was generally clear except for lots of small flocculent particles, the sort that grow bigger as the season progresses. It was OK for doing macro of eelgrass, which is what I was doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom