Atomic M1 or Ti2 Octo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snoballz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm excited about getting my first regulator/octo. I did a lot of research and decided on getting an Atomic ST1 regulator.

Now I'm debating whether to get an Atomic M1 or Ti2 octo. Any recommendations? After reading/researching the inflator/second combo, I'm sticking to a traditional octo. I also plan on having this for awhile (hopefully 5 or so year) and move into nitrox.

TIA

:14:

I am big Atomic fan (I own 7 of their regs) but I can not see any reason for buying the ST1 or T2 unless you got money to piss away. The others Z2, B2, and M1 are just as good in terms of performance. I would save the money buy a Z2 and Z2 octo and use the extra money on diving. As for having them for a while 5 years is not very long in my book. With proper maintenance they will last far longer.

I bought the T2 with the Ti SS1 as well.

I regret it since it was so expensive and not a favorite for higher O2 gas content which I hope to achieve in my style of diving some day.

So my biggest regret is that the Titanium gear wont grow with my diving as other regs will.

Reckon it depends on your style of diving and how deep your pockets are. For me, it was a couple grand that could have gone to the can light I still dont have.

I'm excited about getting my first regulator/octo. I did a lot of research and decided on getting an Atomic ST1 regulator.

Now I'm debating whether to get an Atomic M1 or Ti2 octo. Any recommendations?

Get the Z2 and send me the $500 or so difference in exchange for the advice.

Now I'm debating whether to get an Atomic M1 or Ti2 octo. Any recommendations? After reading/researching the inflator/second combo, I'm sticking to a traditional octo. I also plan on having this for awhile (hopefully 5 or so year) and move into nitrox.

TIA

:14:

I'm a big Atomic fan myself! I have had a B-2 with a swivel and liked it as well. My vote would be for the M-1, especially if you are planning to use Nitrox, etc. I have an M-1 and use nitrox as much a I can.

Nitrox is Great geezer gas! :eyebrow:

Get the Z2 and send me the $500 or so difference in exchange for the advice.
Hey! I was going for that hit!
can we split?:DPLEASE:D:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom