6th Annual ScubaBoard Birthday & Fossiling Beach Bash! June 21, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

will most do one dive or two?
You're thinking about it all wrong :shakehead: It's more along the lines of "How much time is everyone diving?"

Jenny will do two dives, but will be underwater for 6-7 hours...
Walter will do 7-9 dives, but never change his tank...
Colin will be busy doing his PADI refresher course
Me... I'll be out every 1/2 hr to change out tanks

:D

i see no bread on the list so i guess i'll get that
also do we need plates and plasticware ?
and do you eat on the beach or is there a park or something there?
Assuming you havent got any plate, cup, cutlery - we have so much of that stuff it isnt funny and can afford to bring enough for everyone without making a dent in our stockpile! :wink:

We can also add a case of coke and root beer too.

We'll probably be there nearer 11ish as we wont be diving (cold still not shifting), just in time for the first wave to come out of the water and socializing before lunch.

The carmel corn is made! Tanks are in the car, and will finish packing tomorrow morning. Working a half day then off to Ft. Myers and Casa de Bulla's! See everybody on Saturday morning!

Rut Roh. Just read in this morning's paper that there is a no swim advisory at Venice beaches.

Rut Roh. Just read in this morning's paper that there is a no swim advisory at Venice beaches.

:dropmouth here's the article :redhot: Sun NewsPapers Port Charlotte Well, I'm not going to risk going all the way up there if I can't get in the water... It'll have to be another time. :bawling:

I just saw the article as well. Does this mean the festivities are postponed? Instead of a rain date, do we have a bacteria date?

I am still planning on going. Am leaving here in an hour or so for Ft. Myers. Hopefully it will be decent by tomorrow.

I'll be checking in on the reports for today but I'm gunshy about taking 3 kids to the beach thats contaminated because this is my 3 lil guys we're talking about.. they'll want to be in the water, especially with it hot like it is, and I'm not willing for them to chance getting infected because the City of Venice can't control is poo water. :(

It's been a while but this isn't the first time (6th or 7th I can think of).. I wonder if they can be fined for environmental contamination.

Update: Beach Flag Red - beach closed. http://coolgate.mote.org/beachconditions/

I'm willing to reschedule for 5 weeks from now - that would be 2 weeks past Invade the Keys... Please feel free to call (239-878-2328 available after 4pm today) - My house is 100% open to anyone who wishes to still get out and go beaching, i live about 2 miles from one of the beaches in Ft Myers.

Last edited:
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom