Where do Norcal divers go...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A better question would be where do Aussies go to get away. Any one who dives dreams of going to Australia to dive the GBR so being that you live there and can dive it any time you want where do you like to go to get away?

Fiji :D

A better question would be where do Aussies go to get away. Any one who dives dreams of going to Australia to dive the GBR so being that you live there and can dive it any time you want where do you like to go to get away?

I've dived the GBR (three liveaboard trips with Mike Ball). Fiji on Nai'a is better.

Very observant. You missed the part where I am an American temporarily living in Australia. Sydney has good local diving, but its 1,600 miles over twisty two lane roads to get to the GBR. Everyone flies.

Aussies don't go to the GBR since for the same airfare they can go to a Pacific Island destination and enjoy better diving for less money. The GBR is for tourists from Europe and America.

I never dived before moving to Sydney, despite living in California for 20 years. I plan on moving back to Norcal in 2009. I am gathering all the information I can on my new local dive scene.

I was prompted to start this thread to learn if proximity to the dive site made much difference to people planning trips, i.e., New Yorkers go to the Caribbean, Californians go to Hawaii.

Back
Top Bottom