Pacific Northwest Divers, add your favorite dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hood Canal - Pleasant Harbor has some great dives as long as they aren't running the subs from Bangor. Pulali Point (two sides), the Pinnacles are nice with little current, little traffic and lots to see especially the Pinnacles. There is also Sund Rock in the southern part of the canal where we saw 4 sets of wolf eels in 1 rock grouping and 2 big octos.

If you can find the right tide Day Island Wall is great! -from shore or boat. Especially if you need a wolf eel fix. Good for Octo's too. If you do it by boat, Z's reef is a good 2nd dive, real close by. For shore diving, I gotta say Titlow. Octos & wolfies at the ledges, anenomes, moon snails, various fish and crab species at the pilings. Oh and nudibranchs everywhere in between. I think I have seen just abut everything there and usually leave with at least one picture that is a keeper (and i am picky!).

My favourite is Steep Island in Discovery Pass BC...massive life, everything the NW has to offer in technicolor...sit back and enjoy the drift.:D

newport oregon south finger jetties are my favorite, I found 7 nudi's on one dive, lots of spearfishing for lingcods and rockfish

I have written a guide to 15 Puget Sound dive sites (and there's info about some more), for the WA State Tourism website here at ExperienceWA: Scuba Diving.

Here's a link to some photos from various sites; above & below the water: Jack Connick's Flickr Collection for ExperienceWA.

My blog also has quite a few trip reports.

Enjoy!
Jack

Interesting post. I'm going to be making my first trip to the pacific NW in a week. One of my ultimate dream dives is Clear Lake in Oregon. It looks amazing, but I don't own nor have a ever used a drysuit. So that dive will have to wait. I've seen a few other lakes mentioned - Waldo and Hall in Oregon. This might be a silly question, so please take it easy on me guys - is there a such thing as a lake dive in the Pacific NW that can be made w/ a wetsuit? I have a 5mm wetsuit, gloves, and hood and have dove in 55 degree water and stayed fairly warm.

I've dove clear lake a number of times in a wetsuit. Water temps are a consistent 42 ish deg. I dove a onepiece 7mm with a 3mm farmer john underneath. Core temp stayed ok but head, toes and fingers were numb beyond beliefe despite 5-7mm on each. I think a 5mm is a little thin to be jumping in there. (unless you want a 10 min dive) my 2 cents

Hood Canal - Pleasant Harbor has some great dives as long as they aren't running the subs from Bangor. Pulali Point (two sides), the Pinnacles are nice with little current, little traffic and lots to see especially the Pinnacles. There is also Sund Rock in the southern part of the canal where we saw 4 sets of wolf eels in 1 rock grouping and 2 big octos.

Agreed. Headed up there this weekend. Ill post the left overs on the Vis thread.

Back
Top Bottom