Best Dive Watch Ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

have rolex submariner - nice watch, if it would keep time like a timex (barely ever wear it, was a gift and carries this image of a penis extension for older gentleman), a breitling avenger seawolf - beautiful but a real alternative to your weightbelt LOL. its supposed to be good to 10.000ft, i guess i will never find out if that is true. it is solid, accurate and dependable and i guess close to indestructible. also a doxa 600 - just a classic and makes me feel like dirk pitt (just kidding). funny enough my favorite watch is still my old luminox $149 (10yrs ago) black plastic like divewatch, it runs and runs (accurate), glows like a backup light on nightdives, is slim and lightweight....

just my 2cents

I have the Citizen Eco-drive titanium pro divers watch !!! It's only an anolog watch with a rotating bezel,but I think one of it's greatest features is that it never needs batteries runs off sun light. And the fact that it's titanium makes it really light on the wrist.

I have the Citizen Eco-Drive Aqualand with Dive Log - 20th Anniversary Model. It keeps great time and looks good. I haven't done much diving with it yet. Seems to have a number of good features though.

The 20th Anniversary Aqualand brings the convenience of Eco-Drive to a full-function dive watch, including a backlight and dive log memory. This model sports a high-tech look with a sleek assymetrical case and coded buttons for the ultimate in form and function.

60-Day Power Reserve Charges in Sunlight or Indoors
Depth Display to 300 feet in digital format
Measures Depth and Time of Dive
Current and Maximum Depth display
Current and lowest water temperature display
Surface interval measurement
Auto-start dive mode
Dive log memory for up to 20 Dives
Electro-Luminescent Backlight - for low light visibility
3 alarms
Calendar with day and date display
Two time zones - can set each alarm for a different time zone
12/24 hour time
World time in 42 cities plus UTC, 29 time zones is convenient in travel time

Eco-Drive technology is powered by light with no batteries to change, ever. Standard quartz diving watches require periodic battery changes. With a diving watch, this will necessitate having the watch pressure-checked, resulting in extra service costs and delays while the watch is sent out.

Charge level indicator
Screw-Back Case and ScrewDown Crown
Water Resistant to 200 Meters

here is my dive watch. I am a huge watch freak as well as some above. I will use one of my panerai, IWC, etc if I happen to be wearing them and they are rated beyond the depth I plan on diving.

29185083.gif

Is there any other option than the Rolex Sea Dweller?
The Seadweller is a great watch but unless you are diving below 1000 feet or doing Saturation diving the Rolex Submariner has a bigger face for more legibility and it has one less hole in the case as a potential leak point. No Helium relief valve that nobody needs.

I'm an Omega guy (as seen on my avatar!). This is my everyday watch as well. Hoping to pick up a Planet Ocean soon, though I'm not wild about the anti-reflective coating on the outside of the crystal - tensd to show marks.

Attachments

• 2254.50.jpg
    2254.50.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 152
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom