Hidden Paradise... post floods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erparamedic

Vampire Girl......er Dork
Reaction score
Considering the damage that Blue Springs endured from the floods, I called nearby Hidden Paradise to find out how they fared. The Flatrock River did overflow into the quarry, and the lower road is completely washed out. However, the quarry is accessable if anyone dares to take the steps down to the other entry. It is open for diving, but with the flooding, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know there will be zero vis right now.

Just FYI.

Thanks for the info, I was thinking the same thing. I guess the dive dock will get repaired.
Wonder if the water level will stay up a bit higher than usual.

At least we can dive at HP. I am use to the vis being horrible. With the climb down the steps I will just have to combine my cardio exercise with diving that day. Did they happen to mention what the water level is? Is anyone going diving soon? I am getting desperate!

At least we can dive at HP. I am use to the vis being horrible. With the climb down the steps I will just have to combine my cardio exercise with diving that day. Did they happen to mention what the water level is? Is anyone going diving soon? I am getting desperate!

Yep... it would make for good cardio! They did not mention anything about the water level, but I'd imagine that it's at minimum a few feet up. And, you're right... summer months there= horrible vis, it's just a given. :wink:

So has anybody been out to Hidden Paradise lately? What kind of conditions did you have?
I have not dived there before so any info would be appreciated, such as expected temp and visiblility. What kind of faclilities do they have? I have been to Blue Springs several times, how does Hidden Paradise compare?

Thanks.

Water temps should be up with no thermocline. I would guess at something around 65-70. Viz, who knows, hopefully the filters are running again this year and they help.
Facilities..shelters, air fills, food, showers and FISH.

We went diving out there a couple of weeks ago. Vis was pretty bad could not see your own fins. We had to tie off to each other so we would not get lost. The back road was still closed and we climbed down the many stairs to the swimming docks. All in all we got wet and that is what counts. Hopefully they have been able to work on the road.

That sounds like it isn't worth diving. Who is going to step in and attract local divers now that BS is finished? Many of us would love to have a decent place to dive locally where they treat us right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom