Diving Saturday June 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at the sugar bardge last weekend, 20ft of vis. good east winds. The boiler was covered by sand but we found all of the other main parts. simple easy dive. very good vis for so close to the shore. The baby goliath grouper is still hanging around the wreck.

How does one find the bardge?
We tried it on our very first solo shore dive and had no luck.
The guy at the dive shop there told us: swim out to the bouy marker and head 312 degrees for 20yds.
Not sure if our newbieness was the issue, but all I found was sand and a lot of sand dollars.
I think we were nudged but some current and missed the mark.

I would love to dive in bradenton... just moved to sarasota from Venice need to find a place to rent gear for the Girlfriend and get tanks...

what time on spanish rock on saturday i'll be there:snorkels:

To find the bardge, enter the water south of the ramp about 20yrds and go directly west until you are inline with the far west bouy line. It will be right below you. Also Seatrek has a map of the ship that you can buy (safe to get wet). If you can not find it I would do a search grid starting from the far bouy line coming to the shore.

I am coming with some bubble watchers who get up late, lazy. Will probably be in the area around 10am. Sorry it is so late, we are making a day of the beach, soke up the sun and eat some sandwiches and drinks, playing on the beach.

I will be out to Spanish Rocks Saturday at 9:30....so plan on it and we can do a dive or 2.
Hope to see you there.

very cool, see you then

Plans have changed a little, I will be there earlier? The visibility might be better? I was thinking 8ish.

Wife and I got there about 9:15 today. Small breakers right at the beach, with 1-2 ft swells. Viz was about 5-7' with a gentle surge. I swear the stone crabs just laugh at me - didn't see a single one during dives during the season, now they wave at me as I swim by!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom