Dives near Istanbul, Turkey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjdm

Reaction score
We are spending a week in Istanbul this June and wanted to see if there was any good diving nearby or a day trip? If so, how would you rate the dives?

I've get in touch with the person who organized my diving in Turkey this summer
and she recommended to try this place:
info@geziciyak.com
mob tel +9 0532 345 08 32
Sevinç Akdoganс

I was there in the late 80"s. After what I saw dumped into that water....no way I would get in.

I can't offer any dive site around Istanbul, I've dove in Marmara for twice, haven't seen even one fish.. Also there really really strong currents. (I promised myself not to dive again in Istanbul..)
But you can go to Çanakkale (Gelibolu) about 200-250km to Istanbul. There are many many I.World War wrecks there. In addition; Saroz Bay is also a good dive site to see

You can dive in Saros Bay on weekends. It takes 3 or 4 hours from Istanbul. The water temperature is between 20 and 24 Celcius degrees on june on average and visibility is approximately 10 to 15 meters. I go with Atlantis Scuba Diving Center. The reason I prefer them is they take me from my place with an airconditioned vehicle and they bring me back - this is not so usual here. The instructor can speak English and we have long discussion sections after dives during dinner, since he is experienced marine biologist. The webpage is:
Atlantis Scuba Store Istanbul Diving School Diving Center

What are the dive sites like? I tried to google for some information but haven't been too successful. The lack of abundant information and ads and websites makes me wonder...

ı think you should dive in Bodrum or Marmaris.these locations are richer than istanbul for fish and naturel habitat.Similar with Greek areas.Exactly same.So you should visit this zones..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom