Manila taxi drivers on the meter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure about in Manila, but in Cebu the going rate is 700 peso rental from the driver to the owner, per day for most cabs. I did meet one driver that said his rate was 1000, but he had a new Toyota.

in Manila, for P700 the cab you will get would be the old ones...defective aircon, no stereo, smelly interior, ... sometimes smelly drivers too...

in Manila, for P700 the cab you will get would be the old ones...defective aircon, no stereo, smelly interior, ... sometimes smelly drivers too...

I remember this old ****er smoking in his cab when I got in. I told him to stop smoking and turn the aircon on.

most problems i have with taxi drivers happen when Zee is with me. we found a solution lately though...he hid while i ensure the taxi uses the meter then he miraculously appear right after.

i always pay more than what's on the meter unless the driver is being a w@nker...then he isn't gonna get paid cent more.

We're in Manila last week for 3 days, use taxi 3 or 4 times a day; quite happy and very positive with Manila Taxi's. All the drivers're very friendly, polite and informative - always use meter (except one asked for P100 from Trader hotel to Asia Mall - still very cheap), without we asked, even for short distance. So, we more than happy to pay double.

"hipos na"

I have to remember that line.

I normally use "Meter, NA!" And point at the meter.

Luckily, Maggie takes care of it all now, thought here have been times I have been tempted to play big angry white guy and scream and point at the meter.

I don't mind paying a little extra, yes, I can afford it, but I'd rather give it to him off my own bat than be told how much to give. If the driver starts with the meter on his own, I'll quite happily give him double.

Z...

most problems i have with taxi drivers happen when Zee is with me. we found a solution lately though...he hid while i ensure the taxi uses the meter then he miraculously appear right after.

i always pay more than what's on the meter unless the driver is being a w@nker...then he isn't gonna get paid cent more.

That's my girl :D

Z...

i read some news the other day that gas might reach Php65/liter.... oh, the horror of it all... i am so glad i do not drive a freaking car right now!

on the other side, i do not know what it is with drivers wanting a flat rate for short distances. the flag down (php30) would mean more for them than it would be for a say, makati to fairview trip. i get this all the time whenever i try to get a cab from metrowalk to drop me at my office at Unionbank, which is only on the other side of the road but quite a walk if you have to as you cannot do a straight line crossing because they have this freaking cemented division so you have to walk all the way to the meralco-ortigas corner and back again.

the meter is about Php32.50 :rofl2: i always pay Php10 more... but must they have to insist on a flat rate before driving me across????

(i know...i know... landmark to SM is an even longer walk- but malls are airconditioned!!! and yes, i am lazy.)

i read some news the other day that gas might reach Php65/liter.... oh, the horror of it all... i am so glad i do not drive a freaking car right now!

on the other side, i do not know what it is with drivers wanting a flat rate for short distances. the flag down (php30) would mean more for them than it would be for a say, makati to fairview trip. i get this all the time whenever i try to get a cab from metrowalk to drop me at my office at Unionbank, which is only on the other side of the road but quite a walk if you have to as you cannot do a straight line crossing because they have this freaking cemented division so you have to walk all the way to the meralco-ortigas corner and back again.

the meter is about Php32.50 :rofl2: i always pay Php10 more... but must they have to insist on a flat rate before driving me across????

(i know...i know... landmark to SM is an even longer walk- but malls are airconditioned!!! and yes, i am lazy.)
I'm glad gas prices are going up, there'd be less vehicles , less traffic......

what am I saying?!

It's the buses and the taxis that are trying to kill me and they won't get off the road... :(

Back
Top Bottom