Underwater Series on Your Local TV Station

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stillhope

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Now in its third year, "SEA-Inside: Pacific Northwest" continues to bring the magic, the mystery, the beauty of the underwater world to cable-access TV stations around the U.S. -- 40 stations to date! (and 1 in France and 1 in Canada).

Our oceans represent about 97% of the earth's habitable biosphere and provide major portions of our oxygen, protein, and water -- not to mention endless hours of amazement for SCUBA divers. Wouldn't you like people in your community to be able to see, on a regular basis, underwater critters in their natural habitat and learn what issues are facing their long-term health? For free? You can help!

If "SEA-Inside: PNW" is not on your local Public, Educational, Governmental (PEG) cable access station (Public-access television - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), they will most likely air it if you request it.

PEG stations exist to serve their communities. Shows like "Democracy Now!" air on hundreds of PEG stations because members of their community request it. "SEA-Inside: PNW" is similar in that it is a non-profit educational program available to any station that requests it. Tell your local station you want to see it! It doesn't take much effort, and will make this peek at the underwater world available to about 50% of the people in your community (about 50% are cable subscribers).

Last edited:
Great news, John. Glad to see the success you're achieving. I'm finishing up the 8th thru 11th episodes of my proposed new show.

Blair, that must have been quite an interesting gig! Are you looking forward to more work with TV shows in the future? We sure need to change the fact that 71% of our earth's surface gets just a tiny fraction of a percent of TV air time :)

Dr. Bill: Have you found any takers yet? I think I let your stuff slip through the cracks, I do want to get some of it on my show. After my upcoming 1 June deadline I'll look for where I dropped the ball.

John, I don't plan to market the new show until a little later this year when I have 13 episodes completed since it is my first commercial venture. I haven't tried marketing my public access show beyond the current SoCal market yet.

Blair, that must have been quite an interesting gig! Are you looking forward to more work with TV shows in the future? We sure need to change the fact that 71% of our earth's surface gets just a tiny fraction of a percent of TV air time :)

It was an incredible adventure. Always looking forward to more TV shows and adventures above and below! There is so much work to be done! Love your name stilhope! Look forward hearing more about your work!

Drbill- looking forward to seeing your shows!

Drbill- looking forward to seeing your shows!

Murph or Jean-Michel have a copy of my first DVD, "Munching and Mating in the Macrocystis." I'm sure they'd let you watch it. Although the first of my 9 DVD's, and not a TV show per se, it is the basis for the proposed new commercial series.

Very cool! I like it and if you are looking for a Chief Diver let me know I have chosen to stay in California a lot more this year of 08 so Hopefully I will get on the island this summer! Good luck with the venture!

Hey John, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Having seen a few episodes of SEA-Inside, I think it is an interesting approach... quite different from mine and the two are complimentary rather than competitive IMHO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom