Invade Monterey, CA (a.k.a. Meet & Greet): Sept 5-7, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish you all luck on your adventure. I hear that boat diving is much better than that from shore.

I have dove Point Lobos numerous times and ask myself why I go back??? It's pretty much like Laguna but with Kelp....and with much colder temperatures. If you decide to do Point Lobos, I would suggest the Pinnacles or Middle Reef/ Wall dive. It's a long kick out, but worth it. Monastary Beach can be deadly. John and I got our ass kicked and then some. This site IS NOT FOR BEGINNER DIVERS.

Someone mentioned Indian Summer? Not even. Monterey and Carmel tend to get socked in with early morning fog and moisture not burning off until sometime afternoon. Really, the weather is unpredictable. Be prepared either way.

Take lots of Moolah for food, for it's expensive.

Monastary Beach can be deadly. John and I got our ass kicked and then some. This site IS NOT FOR BEGINNER DIVERS.

I have to echo this... Be very careful at Monastery... There's been plenty of incidents there... There's days to dive Monastery and there's days to walk away... If you see surf that reminds you of So Cal diving... walk away... You want ankle slappers.

In a not-so-long-ago incident some out of towners comented "Nobody ever told us Monastery was dangerous" :shakehead:

Take lots of Moolah for food, for it's expensive.

If you are shore diving hit up Safeway or Albertsons deli department for some sandwiches and have a picnic for your Si.... Works great for Lobos :)

I have to echo this... Be very careful at Monastery... There's been plenty of incidents there... There's days to dive Monastery and there's days to walk away... If you see surf that reminds you of So Cal diving... walk away... You want ankle slappers.

In a not-so-long-ago incident some out of towners comented "Nobody ever told us Monastery was dangerous" :shakehead:

If you are shore diving hit up Safeway or Albertsons deli department for some sandwiches and have a picnic for your Si.... Works great for Lobos :)

Thanks Ben..!!

Hey all... this is just two months away! Dannobee and I are making reservations for Pt. Lobos on the Sunday. Dan will bring his little boat, so we can hit the nicer spots on the other side of pinnacle and Blue Fish (fin?).

Is there a list of who is coming up??

Man I found out about this too late. Some buddies from work are planning a boat diving trip in the Channel Islands on the 3rd and 4th of Sept.

Hopefully there will be another meet and greet.

Next time Ghost!

The response has been really good for this one, so we will probably have another!

Someone be sure to post the evening plans if some are put together. My wife and I won't be able to dive that weekend, but it would be fun to meet everyone. Our daughters live in Santa Cruz so we're always looking for an excuse to head down that way.

Can I come :multi:

Back
Top Bottom