Sticky situations...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
It's time to do a little face-lift on the awesome Sticky that we have here in the UW Photo area.

Specifically I need the following:
- SB user names who post images you like and their rigs so we can add them to the "go see SB member's shots" for examples

- links to any great discussions that you think are going to be of interest and import to newcomers

- anything other ideas you have for more information that you think would be beneficial!

Your contributions are what keep that Sticky being so useful, so don't be shy with your ideas - either in this thread, or you can even PM me if you wish.

I use quite a lower end camera, a Canon Powershot A520 with a Canon WP-C60 housing and no strobe. perfect for the beginner photographer with a limited budget. Please feel free to link to any of my photos as well :)

DIVEIndia - Housed DSLR or compact camera for underwater photography

I found this to be an excellent article by vkalia here on the board.

Something else you could add is the times of year that certain camera manufacturers tend to have sales, similar to your Canon thread... you may well have cost me a lot on that one alcina...:wink:

I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to do this alcina. Your stickies has helped countless photogs here and I know it takes a lot of time to make sure they are up to date. :D

also wanted to thank you for taking the time to do this alcina. Your stickies has helped countless photogs here and I know it takes a lot of time to make sure they are up to date. :D
Ditto on this. It has and still continues to be a great source of information for me. Thank you.

How about a sticky listing instructional DVD's and books, covering subjects such as u/w photo and photo editing.

How about a sticky listing instructional DVD's and books, covering subjects such as u/w photo and photo editing.

It's in the sticky already :wink: Always room for more specific recommendations to be added - just PM me the link or stick it in this thread and I'll update the reference section that has books, online resources and DVDs.

Back
Top Bottom