Ikelite G9 housing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DutchDown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am trying to find out if the arm supplied with the Ikelite G9 housing is removable and if it is, is there a standard tripod socket on the housing itself? Reason being, I have a set of YS-60s I would like to use, along with H-W TTL adapters instead of buying new strobes. Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Phil

Hey Phil,

The arm is easily removable, the tray does not use a standard tripod socket... uses two spaced out at ~4 " or so. you'll have to make something up at the hardware store or dole out some cash for a wierd adapter... I've seen a few made up pretty easily and cheaply.

might think of buying the double tray and adapting your strobes at the hardware store.

Scott

you can make "adapter" outer tray from aluminum; with as many sockets as you prefer

Thanks very much guys! This won't be the first time I've had to make an adapter. Time to head to the hardware store and see what's available.

Thanks again!
Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom