Dragon AT tank band

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gullwing12

Registered
Reaction score
Is it unusual for the tank band on a Dragon AT to have 15 1/2 in. of excess material when strapping in a standard size alum tank (80 or 63cf)? There is so much extra band that it cannot be secured by the velcro. I am sure it has been threaded properly. I previously owned a Vector 1000 and never experienced this problem.

Thanks

Attachments

• P1200012.JPG
    P1200012.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 59
Well mine is a medium, and with an AL80, there is a lot of extra band. But the velcro was able to attach nevertheless... hmmm... that's strange... You could always just cut and re-sow the velcro higher on the strap, but that's a lot of work...:popcorn:

Hi Gullwing,
being a proud owner of a dragon At as well, I noticed the same thing with the tank strap. My solution? Spent a little more money and bought a Mares Airlock system which I placed on my Dragon. Best gadget I ever saw! Hook up the BC inflator hose for a second, push a button and voila! tank is strapped in for good! No wetting of the strap, no pulling like Hercules and worrying that it's become lose when you least need it!
Love the darn thing!
1011ster (Mares addict, not in rehab):D

Hi Gullwing,
being a proud owner of a dragon At as well, I noticed the same thing with the tank strap. My solution? Spent a little more money and bought a Mares Airlock system which I placed on my Dragon. Best gadget I ever saw! Hook up the BC inflator hose for a second, push a button and voila! tank is strapped in for good! No wetting of the strap, no pulling like Hercules and worrying that it's become lose when you least need it!
Love the darn thing!
1011ster (Mares addict, not in rehab):D

I haven,t seen this gadget 101!!! Is it on the website? Sounds coolll...:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom