Ratfish at Cove 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With their big eyes and their pretty sociable behavior, they've always reminded me of puppies. I love ratfish.

I always thought their eyes reminded me of deer, but they forgot to put on their eyelashes before going out in public.

I'm glad so many people like ratfish because they are such a large portion of the remaining Puget Sound ecosystem.

I appreciate that, I've done Three Tree a dozen times, just never in the dead of night. It's one of my favorite places. I did see a bunch this Sunday, at least three.

OK, the friendly ratfish in Cove 2 is offically Rover now, good name I think.

Just came back from a night dive at Cove 2. 96ft 35min. Visibility pretty bad the first 40ft, after that it cleared up a bit. Ran into a very friendly ratfish at about 60-ish feet on the way back. I am guessing that was 'our' Rover :D

We were there last night, too, and saw one ratfish at approximately the same depth, just off the rope down to the I-beams. Do we have a diver's pet now?

We were there last night too ... and saw quite a few of them. They don't seem to appreciate scooters. Most of the ones we saw were just resting on the bottom, and as we approached they'd scamper up or downslope to get out of our way. Go figure ... we were maintaining a respectful distance off the bottom ... well, except for that big rock I almost ran into ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have a question for Bob and TSandM,

both of you seem to do an enormous amount of diving (i'm very jealous) and its seems you are out almost every night. How do you manage it? I live and work in Kirkland and by the time I get home, I'm just do tired to go diving. Do you each have special jobs that allow you to dive all the time, or are you maybe retired?

I just want to find out about your time management and how you are able to get so many dives in :)

Thanks in advance!

I work part-time, and Bob has a strange job that starts super early in the morning, so he gets off in the early afternoon.

And when TSandM says she works "part-time" she means it -- approximately 7 days/month (long hard days though!!!).

And when TSandM says she works "part-time" she means it -- approximately 7 days/month (long hard days though!!!)
(Bolding mine)

Given what's going on in my ER tonight, you had BETTER add that part!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom