Diving in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sberanek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I am having problems with the search thingy so I'm just going to ask questions that I'm sure others have already.

In short, I'm semi-planning (depending on my dissertation) to go to Australia in November 2008 and I want to do some diving on the Reef.

#1. Is this a good time to go diving?
#2. How far in advance should I plan?
#3. What are some good choices for live-a-board?

Thanks,
Shannon

1. IMO any time is a good time for diving! But yes, November is almost summer down here so it should be nice and warm by then, not too hot either.

2. I'd start doing some planning now. The earlier the better.

3. There's a couple up at the GBR. I've only personally done Spirit Of Freedom but I've heard good things about Mike Ball as well. There is also Taka and Nimrod.

Thanks!

I've heard of all those companies you named, but it's nice to have local bring them up rather than just read about them in the back of some dive mag.

I just need to start writing and get this vacation planned.

--Shannon

Well, the friend I'm trying to drag along really wants to go to Perth to visit some friends and just be in Perth again. However, I don't know if I/we can budget the extra cost of getting to Perth vs. just going to Sydney or Cairns (where i can get the best flight prices). I know there are packages you can get to fly internally, but I haven't looked that much into those at the moment.

It also depends on how long we stay. The longer we stay, the more time we have to dive and take into consideration the time you have to wait prior to flying.

--Shannon

money wise, november is also good because school holidays kick in mid to late december (when everything goes up in prices)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom