Aloha!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

japaneezy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys! I just got my PADI openwater yesterday! Yup... so... now what do i do? lol none of my friends dive...

Japaneezy,
fill out your profile a little so the people here know at least something about you, like which island you live on and what area. Your age and gender may help as well.
Safe Dives
Charlie

Congrats. You're more than welcome to come dive with us anytime. We do weekly skill tweak dives to keep our skills sharp and more importantly to just go dive!

I suggest getting in a diveclub. You will save a bunch of money as you usually pay a yearly fee (typically $100/yr or less,and then 40-50$ a dive).

The other perk is that you will be diving with some experienced people, will make friends, and stay safe.

Try Kaimana Divers or Breeze Dive Shop, they should be able to steer you the right way! And you may want to take the small and easy step and get your advanced, this will enable you to get out for 5 boat dives and to hone your skills while opening up options for diving deeper than 60ft. When you go on trips you will be kicking yourself if you don't have your advanced open water. Compared to Rescue Diver or Divemaster the advanced course is a quick piece of cake!

Hope this advice helps,

Have Fun!

Jason

I would say you need to find some dive buddies. When I first got certified, none of my friends were divers, either. It was a little tough for me to find a regular dive buddy for a while - Scubaboard was still pretty new and there were maybe only a couple thousand members, very few that were located in Hawaii and back then I think I was the only one on Oahu.

Now there are lots of Hawaii members and it's pretty easy to get together with people to do some dives. There is also information here on various dive clubs that you can join.

Everyone's a friendly bunch, so if you want to dive and need a buddy, just post.

Congratulations...all you have to do now is 'just add water'! What about diving with the people who certified you or the people who got certified with you? I'd be happy to show you around some great Maui sites if you make it this way......Best Fishes!

Hi guys! I just got my PADI openwater yesterday! Yup... so... now what do i do? lol none of my friends dive...

Stick around her and find some new friends! Congrats!

Take HUE up on his offer :wink:

By posting here on Scubaboard you'll likely meet quite a few folks.

You can also check at your local dive shop - they may have a buddy book. And just by hanging around a friendly shop you'll run into other divers in your area.

Aloha, Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom