7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fwiw I made spaghetti with spaghetti squash tonight (inspired by the Chalk Box newsletter). Doesn't have any bearing on my physical activity, but I figure squash has got to be better than plain old noodles.

This is sick, but I actually had a lot of fun scrapping the cooked squash out of the gourd or whatever you call it.

Alcina- it's morning there now, then, right? I'm getting ready to go to bed :D

its now 1pm so the weekend is officially almost here :yeahbaby:

and i just returned and have put away a sushi roll for 5.30pm dinner - no dizzies at kickboxing tonight!!

fwiw I made spaghetti with spaghetti squash tonight (inspired by the Chalk Box newsletter). Doesn't have any bearing on my physical activity, but I figure squash has got to be better than plain old noodles.

This is sick, but I actually had a lot of fun scrapping the cooked squash out of the gourd or whatever you call it.

Care to share the recipe? What are your thoughts on the recipe?

As for it being sick - I hate eggplant, but I :heart: cutting it. Something about its texture and the way the knife slides through it. :D

I'm not a fan of eggplant either.

From the newsletter (I can forward it to you if you send me your email addy):

Simple Spaghetti Squash

Spaghetti squash is one of the easiest vegetables to prepare. Feel free to add some good fats in the cooking process if it suits your dietary needs. Each squash is filled with folic acid, potassium, vitamin A, and beta carotene - and best of all it is a low calorie food. Servings: 4

Here's what you need...

1 spaghetti squash
1 Tablespoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds and fibers. With a fork pierce the squash skin a few times.
Fill an oven safe dish with 1/2 inch of water. Place the squash cut side down in the dish.
Bake at 350 F for 30-40 minutes or until the skin gives easily under pressure (be sure to use an oven mitt, as the squash get very hot.) Let stand for a few minutes.
With a fork, scrape the pasta-like insides into a medium bowl. Mix in basil and garlic salt.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 42 calories, 0g fat, 10g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 1g protein.

I just did the squash part and then put some Ragu on top and heated it back up for a minute or so in the microwave. It was pretty good.

OK...so I'm failing horribly at keeping up with my journal......I know it works, I'm just eating out too much or in the car while driving for work to remember what I'm eating....and then with no intetrnet at my parents'....I'm a bucket full of excuses I KNOW....

BUT...I have managed to work out every day this week so far...at least 30 minutes of cardio with some ab work thrown in there...so at least I'm doing something...I'm still overing around the same place....I'm thinking those last 5 pounds are gonna be always dangling in front of me..ggrrr.....

How long of a drive do you have?

I think Almity keeps a written/paper journal. Don't need internet for that. I'm pretty much chained to my computer, so the Facebook diet tracker thing is working out pretty well.

Like I said, it's not perfect. But you can track your activity, too, and you can see kind of a calories consumed vs. calories burned calendar. Pretty neat.

yep - i keep have a notebook in my bag and carry it always so why dont you pick one up at your next stop Ms Darilyn

last night was kickboxing and as expected - i suck but i didnt get the dizzys so that was good!

today was 400ft walk in gear then a 90min dive then a walk up 2 flights of stairs with gear so claiming that :multi:

Hey, Peeps! It's been a long time since I've stopped in here... kinda fell off the wagon... Ok... I'll admit... REALLY fell off the wagon.

My excuses... knee surgery, husband changed jobs (he's a police officer now) and thus I had to make schedule changes, and to be honest.... I got lazy. That said... most of the weight that has come back is compliments of the bad knee and not being able to move around.

So... I'm looking for some encouragement and a swift kick in the tookus to get back on track.

I started with a wimpy 15 minutes on the rec bike this morning. Decided that I need a new ceiling fan before I go longer. (The motor in mine burned out, and having a fan is a major plus to my workouts.) I've also completed 100 crunches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom