Anyone have opinions about "Its A Dive" Key Largo FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tdash911

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to "It's a Dive" in Key Largo FL to do my check-out dive. Anyone know any thing about them? Terry

They operate out of the Marriott Resort. I have dove with them a number of times and found them to be a very professional operation and always had a good time. They run two boats, a small six pack which goes on deeper wrecks, and a larger twin hull boat which appears like a traditional "cattle boat" for snorkelers, but every time I have been on it there were less than 15 divers and it provided a nice open stable platform with plenty of room for everyone.

One of my favorites with them is the Spiegel/Spiegel trips they run which gives you two dives on the Spiegel Grove, with a one hour surface interval, rather than dumping you on a shallow reef for the second dive.

Dove with them once. No probs; standard fare. Were on the big boat and it was pretty full. However, there were only about 4-6 buddy divers. The rest were in one of several groups, each with an instructor. Buddies were dumped in first and returned last. Groups did their instructional thing, both on the boat and in the water.

First florida dives with them when another ops boat broke. They sent us to them. Very professional, great DM's who knew when to touch gear and when to keep their hands off, and had no issues with soloing when they found out I knew what I was doing.

When I worked for another op in Key Largo, we frequently refered divers to them when we were overbooked or had mechanical cancellations etc. We always got favorable feedback about there op and they were always easy to work with. And I have a couple of friends who work there, Capt Phil & Joe. As with any dive trip, there are no guarantees, but barring other issues (weather, etc.) you should have a good time with Its a Dive.

Elena

One of my favorites with them is the Spiegel/Spiegel trips they run which gives you two dives on the Spiegel Grove, with a one hour surface interval, rather than dumping you on a shallow reef for the second dive.

That's good to know. I looked at their web site and it appears that they do that with the Duane also. Is that correct?

Yes, they run two tank trips on the Duane also. I have also dived solo a few times on their boat, with proper redundancy of course, and they gave me no problems when they saw I knew what I was doing.

Another nice thing they do, their rinse buckets are fresh filled and they add a commercial cleaner/disinfectant which leaves the gear very clean and smelling nice.

Thank you all. Most of this is just being nervous I have a wife that has not tried this for 35 years and I want it to be fun and safe. Thanks Again Terry

I also would recommend It's A Dive. Customer service was excellent, dive site choice was very good. The 2 tank Speigel Trips are amazing and they seem to be one of the few operators in the keys that do that.

Back
Top Bottom