Jupiter Dive Center, a second chance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baitedstorm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I came home last week for a few days and got the chance to dive. I thought it was time to give JDC the second chance the deserve.

I want to thank Jupiter Dive Center for such a wonderful experience. Captain Tim, Ham, and our Dm Jim were outstanding. They went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure everyone had a good dive. Special thanks to Jim for lending me his extra wetsuit in addition to the 5mm I already had on (brrrrr, it was cold down there), and to Ham for saving my dive after a low computer battery threatened to keep me from making that second dive. The dive briefing was complete with pictures and very clear instruction. I loved having the freedom to dive my own profile within safe limits. The water was beautiful and lots of marine life to see (I think Jim had something to do with that). Did I mention the boat was fume free, fast and clean!!!

I am very impressed at the over all change I see with this dive shop. They are professional and courteous. From the phone call to book my dive right up to the time I got ready to leave, this dive OP kicked butt. The shop was clean and organized. The staff was easy to spot with their STAFF shirts clearly marking them. Having the boat docked just steps away from my car was fantastic (although one of the deck hands actually came and got my gear, it was still nice not having to watch him carry it too far…. Hehehe :D) .

It took a lot for me to dive with JDC again. For those of you that don’t know me, I had a horrible accident while diving with Jupiter Dive Center about five years ago that almost cost me my life. Although I must take responsibility for some very poor choices I made, the dive instructor who took me to such great depths only to abandon me for a cobia, must also take responsibility (as well as the shop for allowing it). I am happy to report that he no longer works for or with JDC. It is my understanding that the shop is now owned by someone new.

If your looking for a great Dive OP in Jupiter, I would 100% recommend Jupiter Dive Center.

Thanks to all the SB’ers who recommended them.

Glad you had a better experience. We dive shop owners have a very hard time finding good staff and once in a while a bad apple, who would represents us, gets into the mix. Hopefully we can find this out before anyone get seriously hurt and get rid of them. Glad your situation had a good outcome.

By the way did you dive off the Republic VII? That's my old boat, very stable and reliable custom dive vessel. We miss her down here, but know she's gone to a good home.

Good Diving/Hunting,

If it's not the long lost BaitedStorm. We miss you!!!!

I'm really glad to hear you had a great experience with JDC. We've been using JDC for our training dives. They've been excellent to work with.

When I was there a few weeks ago, JupiterMermaid asked if I was on the new boat? I asked if she was talking about the Temptation, and Jerry said.... No... the Republic VII... I was surprised to see it. I was on the Republic IV that day, and she was on the VII. But... after we both got back, we bolted to BHB and had a wonderful dive. Slack tide didn't want to end... I got out of the water after 91 minutes because I was COLD...

Let me know when you're in the area... would love to dive with you again.

Al

....By the way did you dive off the Republic VII?....

I've been on the VII a couple of time since it's been up at JDC. Only one thing to say about it:

Damm that thing is fast!!!!

Is Jupiter Dive Charter, with Captain Paul, now defunct?

Or did they merge with Jupiter Dive Center?

I haven't been diving in Jupiter for a while, and when I went to the JDC(harter) web site, it didn't seem to exist any more.

I'm glad to hear you gave them a second chance and came away impressed. I have nothing but really good things to say about them too and highly recommend them.

I second the chilly water, what was up with that???!!! A 5 wasn't cutting it.

I haven't been diving in Jupiter for a while, and when I went to the JDC(harter) web site, it didn't seem to exist any more.

Try this... Jupiter Dive Center, Scuba diving lessons at a PADI 5 Star facility, daily scuba diving trips in Jupiter, Florida.

Glad you had a better experience. We dive shop owners have a very hard time finding good staff and once in a while a bad apple, who would represents us, gets into the mix. Hopefully we can find this out before anyone get seriously hurt and get rid of them. Glad your situation had a good outcome.

By the way did you dive off the Republic VII? That's my old boat, very stable and reliable custom dive vessel. We miss her down here, but know she's gone to a good home.

Good Diving/Hunting,

Heya Captain Gary.... The boat was indeed your Ol' girl. Man, she's fast and fume free. I will absolutely request her again.
I'm so impressed with that entire dive op. What a huge change. This is a fantastic five star dive op and would recommend it to any and everyone.

Captain Tim said Captain Paul B. is actually coming down towards the end of this month to fill in for him while he takes a vacation. I think they are trying to sell the Temptation (she wasn't in the water, at least, not what I could see). Captain Paul moved to TN, where he's enjoying his retirement (hahahaha, I really don't know about the retirement stuff, but it sounds good to me).

Hey Al, I'm going to try and fly back down again in June for another dive. Southwest Airlines has insane prices on round trip non-stop tickets ($200). I'll let you know the dates as soon as I have them. How's the diving at BHB? Must be pretty good if you spent so long blowing bubbles down there. I miss that place!!
This trip wasn't a planned dive trip so I didn't really have much time to prepare. My mom actually made me dive (she didnt have to tell me twice) since I hadn't been in the water in almost two years. It's funny, I didnt realize how much the ocean is part of me and how much I've missed her. I was born and raised in Florida and really took that big swimming pool for granted (never again)!

Dove BHB with Kathleen again today. The water is warming up. My computer displayed 77 throughout the dive. It's almost time to break out my 1mm and .5mm suits. As for June... I leave for Utila on the 23rd. We drop off the kids at FSU for bandcamp on the 22nd, and we're off for Utila. It should be fun.

I hope to see you in June...

baitedstorm,

I just found this thread. I'm glad you gave JDC another chance with the new owners/operators. They are a topnotch group, and they've really spoiled me for diving. I did a three tank dive with them on Sunday and had a blast (as always).
I hope to meet and get a chance to dive with you when you come down in June.

BHB is a neat shallow dive (which is why we can blow bubble for over an hour and a half on one tank of air). There's a lot of really awesome critters to entertain you, and we never tire of diving it. (Besides, it's near the Brass Ring, which is why Al REALLY goes there.....lol.)

BHB is a pretty good dive spot. The parking is starting to become a problem though. I guess its time to start a shuttlebus business! Good to see you on the boat this weekend Sandy! Let me know when you're heading back out. I think we may try to book the Rankin trip for June 8th.

baited, depending on what weekend you're here in June, they've got special dives mostly all month. June 8th is a nice wreck dive, the next weekend they have a night dive, then a Sunday trip to the hole in the wall the weekend after.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom