Tarpons at the Car Pile in Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gustele

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
This morning I dove at the Car Pile at Mari Pampun (home of The Dive Bus) in Curacao. To my surprise we met a large school of Tarpons near the car wrecks. I dive here for forteen years and I have never seen Tarpons at this location. I counted 20 this morning. A beautiful sight.
These Tarpons seem to be at this site for a week now. So if you are in Curacao at the moment plan a dive at this location.

I even saw a (lemon) shark within the group. This was confirmed after the dive by one of my buddies.

I try to attach a picture that I took this morning of one of the Tarpons. If this doesn't work you can check the pictures of this morning's dive at my picasaweb-site Picasa Web Albums - John - Mari Pampun

Attachments

• Mari_Pampun_20080406_002.jpg
    Mari_Pampun_20080406_002.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 805
Thanks for posting your pics. We were at the Car Pile on April 4th and also saw the Tarpon. The current was very strong since the wind was up. Your picture of the tarpon is much better than our view. :) When we headed back to the Dive Bus it was like drift diving on Cozumel. We "zoomed" back.

This was my first experience with the Dive Bus. It is a really good operation with professional and friendly staff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom