Inspiration integrated handsets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrySuitDave

Contributor
Reaction score
Los Angeles, where the debris meets the sea
Can anyone shed any light on the Inspiration handsest with integrated computers AP is supposed to be working on?

I hear they are wrist mounted, which means clutter on my wrist I don't want.....but maybe they can dangle like the existing controllers....not sure.....

I talked to Silent Diving (APD Distributors) today. They are delivering my Inspiration on Thursday with a "current" set of handsets. However, they will send me the new version of the handsets with upgraded electronics for free next week when they are available. Apparently, they have something new in the works, I just don't know what it is. When they new ones arrive, I'll let you know what they changed.

pwfletcher once bubbled...
I talked to Silent Diving (APD Distributors) today. They are delivering my Inspiration on Thursday with a "current" set of handsets. However, they will send me the new version of the handsets with upgraded electronics for free next week when they are available. Apparently, they have something new in the works, I just don't know what it is. When they new ones arrive, I'll let you know what they changed.

If true, that would be weird. Nothing on their mailing list and nothing on their web site about an update. Heck, even the Mole doesn't seem to have a clue on this issue (or not telling). And given the general cost of spare parts for the Inspiration, just ship you an additional "free" new handsets would make even less sense.

I guess you'll let us know next week...

Don't get me wrong, I will not end up with an additional set ... I have to send the current set back. However, this is straight from the distributor's mouth.

Well, I've talked to Martin a couple of weeks back about them and as far as I know they are a long way off yet. They havn't even gone off for CE testing as far as I can tell.

With the ADV and other stuff, it was advertised as on its way long before it actually arrived, but this time there is nothing from APD

I was expecting the new handsets and units around Xmas personally:confused:

I hope I'm wrong though. Anyway the Hammerhead revised electrics with our new fancy algorithm are just abut to hit the streets so hopefully I'll be playing with that in a couple of weekends
:D

Hey Dave....no integrated handsets in the near future from AP....however, my new hammerhead unit is the total sheeeaaat! Super cool, does everything you would ask a redundant sensored PO2 computer to do...and we have em in stock. I noticed you got yourself on the Lobster Two dayer in September! We just got back from a two week trip in Micronesia with Inspiration and Drager divers. The trip was an awesome adventure with awesome divers and units. We have aligned ourselves with a logistics company that will deliver, inexpensively, our absorbant anywhere in the world for us. Hope to see you soon..
Rusty=-)

VoodooGas once bubbled...
Hey Dave....no integrated handsets in the near future from AP....however, my new hammerhead unit is the total sheeeaaat! Super cool, does everything you would ask a redundant sensored PO2 computer to do...and we have em in stock. I noticed you got yourself on the Lobster Two dayer in September! We just got back from a two week trip in Micronesia with Inspiration and Drager divers. The trip was an awesome adventure with awesome divers and units. We have aligned ourselves with a logistics company that will deliver, inexpensively, our absorbant anywhere in the world for us. Hope to see you soon..
Rusty=-)

Hey Rusty,
How are things going??I'm not sure how long you have had your hammerhead or how much diving you have done on it, but I do have a few recommendations..
Since the current electronics doesn't monitor the battery condition I would check it after every few days of diving (at minimum.. ) or after storage(better yet take out the batteries) prior to diving.. the unit is never truely off when the unit powers up it fires the solenoid, watch the display on the primary if the batter is getting low it will dim..

be careful if you take the handsets off between dives and don't get water in the connectors otherwise youll have to rinse them with fresh water and dry.. water in the connectors will cause sensors to read around 2.5 bar on both primary AND secondary.. and don;t forget to calibrate the secondary... its truely independent.. some HH owners didn't realize this.

any Qs just drop me a line.. I'll have the updated software next week...

So far my HH has been reliable. The only problems I have had was a flooded battery compartment on the secondary - bad oring... didn't get into the electronics, and some funny readings on the cells when I got the connectors wet between dives.. (I now always use the caps when the connectors get seperated)

Yeah,

I am booked on that lobster season opener trip. Too bad it wasn't a 3 day trip, but, if we go to San Nick or the Cortez banks as planned, we ought ot get something.

I need to get a prescription mask from Dan, closeup vision isn't what it used th be....welcome to friggin middle age....lol

I am still waiting to get that ADV shipped to me....

I haven't been on the boards, amd still moving to a new house I bought....2/3rds acre joint where i may very well be remodeling for the rest of my life.....

I really need to find a reliable field employee so I can get a little more turtle time in.....

I need to go with you guys on a South Pacific trip.....let's book something though in Sulawesi, Lembeh Straights or Wakatobi.....Indonesia stuff, that way we cna play cat and mouse with the Indonesia terrorists....lol Seriously, it sems like those areas are macro-critter/coral heaven....

DrySuitDave once bubbled...
...a South Pacific trip.....it sems like those areas are macro-critter/coral heaven....
For some Malaysia pics have a look at
http://community.webshots.com/album/30129996kNpfZLotAP
An old friend of mine took them, unfortunately before he got his SonyP5 and housing. They're stills taken with a Sony PC100. (To see the quality of the P5 check his other galeries).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom