Would you expect compensation from a live-aboard operator if… (#2)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djanni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As much as I hate to resurrect this old thread I want everyone to know that our DAN Trip Insurance came through with a check for almost $1,000.00

That took the sting out of a bad situation and we sincerely appreciate their favorable consideration of this case.

Thank you DAN!!!

I wonder if that means that the DAN insurer will be filing a claim against the operator?:popcorn:

Nice to hear, congrats. Everything I hear about DAN is top notch.

Good to hear, sounds like DAN agreed that the liveaboard was wrong and you were right.

Good to hear, sounds like DAN agreed that the liveaboard was wrong and you were right.

Not necessarily :wink: There are many reasons an insurance company will actually pay out.

Great that your insurance came through for you - that's what it's for! Shame it took so long, though.

Must admit im a little surprised.

But then again i guess its why insurance premiums are so high.

As much as I hate to resurrect this old thread I want everyone to know that our DAN Trip Insurance came through with a check for almost $1,000.00

That took the sting out of a bad situation and we sincerely appreciate their favorable consideration of this case.

Thank you DAN!!!

I have a couple of quick questions.

1) Do you have the Dan Prefered plan or one of the other less expensive policies? I have the Prefered.

2) Did you file a claim right away or later on when you realized you would not be compensated by the boat?

3) Was that for you and your wife or just for yourself?

4) How long was it from the time you filed until you received the check?
Thanks!

I have a couple of quick questions.

1) Do you have the Dan Prefered plan or one of the other less expensive policies? I have the Prefered.

2) Did you file a claim right away or later on when you realized you would not be compensated by the boat?

3) Was that for you and your wife or just for yourself?

4) How long was it from the time you filed until you received the check?
Thanks!

1. Preferred. It's really not that much more.
2. Once we realized the boat wasn't. At that point, we thought it couldn't hurt to try. I might have filed earlier but really didn't think the insurance would cover it.
3. Both of us.
4. Maybe a month. What took the longest was getting our Doctors report which we needed to file.

Was this trip where everybody got sick with a bad cold or something and missed a bunch of dives? OR am I confused with another similar thread?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom