Diving companies Saipan/Tinian/Rota

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am hoping to redeem my northwest mileage to fly to saipan this July 2004 to do as many dives as possible. If not for the free airtix, it's definitely beyond my budget to get to this part of the world from southeast asia.

I have been digging info whether to dive in guam or saipan. I saw somewhere that Stingray Divers maybe doing a non-luxury live-aboard trip to the north of Saipan on this boat "Challenger". And also many positive comments about this dive shop and dive destination. However after reading some threads and no replies from the email given in http://www.stingraydiverssaipan.com, I have some doubts diving in Saipan and don't want to arrive and found out that I have to pay a scary rate per dive (I hope to do more than 10 dives and comb every inch of the reef.. :).

LeAnne,
If I had to choose I would pick Saipan the water is much cleaner fewer divers breaking coral, alot of shore dives to choose from. That are much cheeper to do. July is a good time to be here. Stingray has a smaller dive boat that can make tripa to Tinian and Goat Isalnd. Dives that I have done many times.

what, almost 6months later! terribly sorry. i wanted to thank everyone for their advice and comments on saipan/tinian/rota and companies. we decided to go with abracadabra, at the time run by alec and teresita hoffman, a wonderfully friendly couple. we had a great time diving off saipan and tinian... better diving than experienced in guam. and they accomodated our ever need, as with such a large group, can be very difficult. last i heard though, they were moving back to the states, and so management hands would be changing again. anyways, it was a great time...safe and good hands. thanks again.

I'm 4 years late to reply.. It's the same LeAnne who asked about Saipan dive shops in 2004. It's time for a closure..

I went with Brady - Stingray divers. Great divemaster. There was no doubt about the safety measures he followed for all my dives then.

I believe the stingray website is redundant but don't let that deter you. Just bug him with emails and I believe he will still take you diving. :wink:

Dale~

You have plenty of full tanks because we never see you diving! What's with that? This working for a living stuff is getting in the way of your "man of leisure" status!

Dennis

Dale,

What, you're WORKING and less of the man of LEISURE? My friend Kurt who visited me there in 2004 always talks about you as his idol, and he keeps telling his wife that he wants to become a man of leisure. Work is good, but PLEASE do not give up your honored status as The Man of Leisure. Many men look up to you, full tanks and all....

And I wonder if this thread holds the record for revival from the dead? Wow, four years is pretty cool!

Mar

Mar,

I'm only working part time so my wife can leave island for months at a time and leave me home with the nanny and plenty of boat gas. Its almost 6 bucks a gallon at the dock here.

This past weekend I went camping with the nanny two young ladies from Body Motion on Managaha. You remember Body Motion don't you? Speaking of that we need to have a bachlor party for you. When are you comming back to Saipan???

Dennis I have been out on my boat diving, thats why you havent see me diving.

Dale
Man of leasure and still on a little rock in the Pacific.

Dale,

Now THAT'S the type of news I want to hear from the Man of Leisure.

Oh yeah, I remember Body Motion. I suspect that your nanny meets your usual strict standards for staff...

Mar

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom