Easter @ Venice Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, is anyone diving Saturday? I'm outside Tampa and had reservations with Florida West to take the charter out to do some tooth diving on Sat and Sunday, but he called and cancelled the entire weekend yesterday due to weather conditions.
I'd drive down for some shore diving if conditions are right and others are going. Let me know,
C

other than rain late sat afternoon whats wrong with the weather that scuba west would cancel?

I would say that the viz is probably nil. Me thinks it's not a good weekend for diving.:shakehead:

I would say that the viz is probably nil. Me thinks it's not a good weekend for diving.:shakehead:

we have had easterly winds for a couple days... isnt that what we would want for good vis?

other than rain late sat afternoon whats wrong with the weather that scuba west would cancel?
I called Ken at Scuba West this afternoon and asked him about conditions and if there was a chance they were reconsidering taking their boat out. He said no, that with all the winds this week that vis is absolutely zero, and that a couple of them tried doing a shore dive Thursday and that they couldn't even see their hands in front of their masks, that it was like diving in chocolate milk.
Based on their report, I'm going to pass driving down tomorrow, but for those that give it a shot....good luck. With the weather we've been having, you'll probably be the first out there and will have good hunting.

we have had easterly winds for a couple days... isnt that what we would want for good vis?

Not really. We had a front come through on Thursday which produced nw winds & now the winds have turned south east. You are right, east winds are what we want but we have just not had enough time between cold fronts to clear things out. I'm sorry. Maybe we'll get lucky next weekend.:D

Not really. We had a front come through on Thursday which produced nw winds & now the winds have turned south east. You are right, east winds are what we want but we have just not had enough time between cold fronts to clear things out. I'm sorry. Maybe we'll get lucky next weekend.:D

I guess i should look at the venice buoy report for my wind directions instead of weather.com... Weather.com has had it pegged at East

Well looks like i am chalking this one up as another foiled weekend! I am getting itchy to dive off my boat!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom