PT-030 TTL port question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gert7to3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have never opened the TTL port on my PT-030 housing. I'm thinking that it might not be a bad idea to service it and replace the "O" ring. Any thoughts, do you always open; clean; re-grease; and replace the "O" ring?

Bonaire April 5th. I'll have a ScubaBoard logo on my truck.

The older TTL ports without the o-ring needed regular servicing - like after every dive otherwise the cap would bond to the port, never to be removed again, or at least with much difficulty. Don't ask me how I know this.

I've just checked the port on my 2 x PT-027's and they are OK after not having opened them for around 8 months. I guess doing them every couple of months should be OK.

I am looking to buy a new o-ring, gel packs(10ea) and silicon grease for my PT-030. Does anyone know a good web site to purchase this stuff from? I checked Olympus America web site and without shipping it was $35 bucks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom