Freeze!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAddictedLisa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've always wanted to take part in one of these, but they're so hard to get "in the know" about.

I embedded it for you. :)

That is wild! Too funny! :laughing:

Thanks! You're the best!

This group does these things all over NYC. Nobody knows in advance (except for the organizers) what exactly will be done. I've tried to find out how to get on the mailing list, but haven't been successful.

One time they were told to meet at a location wearing a royal blue shirt. There were over 50 of them that show up. They all then walk into Best Buy and just stand around. They were not allowed to approach customers, but if a customer approached them, they could try to help.

The managers of Best Buy got all uptight about it and actually kicked them all out of the store. You hear Best Buy employees saying ... "there's another one!!!". I think it would have been hysterical if someone were in a blue shirt just by chance and had nothing to do with the improv and the employees would think they were part of it.

It was rather humorous!!

One time they were told to meet at a location wearing a royal blue shirt. There were over 50 of them that show up. They all then walk into Best Buy and just stand around. They were not allowed to approach customers, but if a customer approached them, they could try to help.

The managers of Best Buy got all uptight about it and actually kicked them all out of the store. You hear Best Buy employees saying ... "there's another one!!!". I think it would have been hysterical if someone were in a blue shirt just by chance and had nothing to do with the improv and the employees would think they were part of it.

It was rather humorous!!

That sounds like a perfect scenario for either Punk'd or Candid Camera... :rofl3:

I have that happen to me on a regular basis in different kinds of stores and I'm not even dressed like the employees. Someone walked up to me in Meijer once and asked why there wasn't any meat in several of the display cases along the wall. Luckily I had asked one of the meat counter guys a half hour earlier and was able to relay that they had a compressor go out on the refrigeration unit and had taken all the meat to the back coolers. Any time something isn't quite right in a store I ask the employees about it because I KNOW someone is going to ask me what's going on.

I really need to get the "Information Booth" tattoo off my forehead :dork2:
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber,

You probably have one of those warm, inviting faces, and a look of advanced intelligence!

There I was, age 16, working for a supermarket, in my red vest, white shirt, and black bowtie, up on a ladder, using the price-gun to label canned goods on the top shelf. Rather large woman comes trundling her cart down the aisle, Virginia Slim hanging from her lips, curlers in her hair, polyester lime-green pants... She peers up at me and says, "DO YOU WORK HERE?!" I looked down at her for a long moment and then smiled and said, "Nope! Sure don't!" and went back to hammering prices on the cans. Looking rather confused, she continued down the aisle...

:D

That's funny!!

Reminds me of the time I worked on cruise ships and I'd get asked "Do you live onboard?"

My reply was always "No, I commute!"

:rofl3:

Reminds me of the time I worked on cruise ships and I'd get asked "Do you live onboard?"

My reply was always "No, I commute!"

:rofl3:

"No, I live in that liferaft hanging on the wall over there. I get tugged along when I'm off-duty." :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom