Grand Bahamas Late March Water Temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hutterw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
[FONT=&quot]I will be diving in Grand Bahamas in late March. Does anyone have any insight to the average water and air temperatures for this time of year?[/FONT]

A few years ago I was there in Late April. Water temp was 75f. March will probably be 2 or 3 degrees cooler.

We spend 2 weeks in Grand Bahama each Fall. :D

I highly recomend Grand Bahama Scuba :thumb:

Fred and Melinda do an awesome job of making sure that you have safe, fun, and enjoyable dives!! :D

Have a great trip!!

2nd Grand Bahama Scuba - quite enjoyed the diving last month.

Just got back 2/18/08. Air temp was 78-80 degrees, Water temp at Theo's Wreck 77 degrees at the surface, 75 degrees at the wreck. Papa Doc was 77 degrees. Shark junction was 75 degrees. I wore a 3/2 full jumpsuit, 5mm boots and 3mm gloves. I was ok in the water but the boat ride back to the dock was a little chilly.

You will be fine in a 3 mil. I was there in January and was just starting to get cold at the end of a 1 hour dive in a 2/3 mil full suit - no gloves no hood. More would be warmer, but not necessary. Depending of course on how sensitive to cold you are.

Doing 2 or 3 dives a day this time of year, I'd be getting cold with just a 3/2 fullsuit.

I wore a 5/3 when I was there in April, 3/2 when I'm there in October.

Wearing a beanie makes a big difference too!!

This is always tough - Fred - the owner of Grand Bahama Scuba dives every day in almost the same gear I use to dive in 50 degree water up here. Drysuit and heavy undergarments. I just add dry gloves and a bit heavier fleece. Everyone has a different tolerance level for cold.

I just got back from GB and I would say a 5mm if you are going to do multiple dives in a day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom