Hockey Talk 2007- 2008 Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hollywood703:
I dont even have to think positive....The Red Wings.....Self Explanatory....Even in chicago they are cheered for more than the blackhawks.....it was embarassing....
Ha ha ha maybe last year they were i can see why the Hawks really Suck. Well opening night this year OCT 6 :mooner: Det comes here to play the Hawks of course i will be there to cheer on the Hawks along with the 22,500 fans for an opening night Sellout.Dont worry there will be a lot of :mooner: Wing Fan s there too. :popcorn: :popcorn:

Vtdiver2:
<snipped>
As for the current HABS team, Buffalo and Ottawa have lost a lot, Toronto and MTL have gained. <snipped>
C-Dawg
C-Dawg, what do you consider "lost a lot?" Comrie, Schafer, and Preissing? The Schafer trade was a good one for Ottawa. I believe that Murray has done a good job as GM to sign/resign players.

Now, if they could only move Gerber to quell any potential unrest in the goaltending area.

tedtim:
C-Dawg, what do you consider "lost a lot?" Comrie, Schafer, and Preissing? The Schafer trade was a good one for Ottawa. I believe that Murray has done a good job as GM to sign/resign players.

Now, if they could only move Gerber to quell any potential unrest in the goaltending area.
I think losing Comrie and Preising will hurt Ott, but after signing Emery, there's no doubt who's team it is, so I don't think there will be a goaltending controversy in Sens land.
For whatever reason, the Sens have always had the Habs number, right down to the first time they played ( fall after the Habs won the Cup in '93). I don't dislike them as I do the Leafs or Bruins, and have even rooted for them on occasion ( like last years playoffs).
It's going to be a good season, and I'm looking forward to it.
C-Dawg

I think losing Comrie and Preising will hurt Ott, but after signing Emery, there's no doubt who's team it is, so I don't think there will be a goaltending controversy in Sens land.
For whatever reason, the Sens have always had the Habs number, right down to the first time they played ( fall after the Habs won the Cup in '93). I don't dislike them as I do the Leafs or Bruins, and have even rooted for them on occasion ( like last years playoffs).
It's going to be a good season, and I'm looking forward to it.
C-Dawg
Season started last night. Emery is still hurt. Gerber played reasonably well. Heatly signed a big contract and scored two goals.

Game on

Oh, I almost forgot. The Maple Laughs are doing just what they did last year - show up at the beginning, failing to play a full game.

Let the poo flinging begin:D

If you are not in the mood for hockey just listen to this classic

Ahhhh...thank God it's back. I have missed hockey so much this summer. Major youth movement happening in Montreal, their future is in their hands. I see them where the Sabres were 2 seasons ago, and while there will be growing pains, I see great things ahead. It's going to be a great season.
GO HABS!!!

Wow, surprised this thread hasn't been more active.....loving this season, with what the Habs have done so far. Looking back through the thread, I'm happy to see I was right on the money about Souray....he was deadweight, and i'm glad Gainey didn't resign him.
I'm also happy we didn't get Hossa and that Gainey moved Huet. Management was told before the season, Price plays better the more he plays, and splitting duties with Huet and worried if he had a bad game he's get benched wasn't helping him improve. Now it's his team, so the experience will be good for him. I don't see the Habs winning it all this year, but they are going to be an elite team for years to come with the talent they have in Mtl and in their system, and they will be the next Canadian team to win the Cup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom