Scuba Club Cozumel for my children beginners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Final question on SCC for all you experts. How is their equipment. The kids don't have BC's, and ours were so old, I junked them. We recently dove off a cruise ship (Don Foster in Cayman and Dive house in Cozumel.) I was very very impressed with the quality of their BC's (we had our own regulators.) I would assume I will be equally happy with SCC? If you have used their rental equip, please let me know.

Standard workhorse and reliable stuff. Not many frills, but you don't really need many.

Unless you want to get your kids in the habit of relying on someone else to regulate their dive time (not a good practice, in my opinion), I strongly recommend you purchase or rent computers. Tables generally aren't adequate for the two stage diving (80-90 ft for a while, then ascend to 30 or so for the remainder of the dive) normally done in Cozumel. I didn't ask about rental computers, so I don't know what they have available.

This may sound trivial to an experienced diver but one advantage of the larger boats at SCC is that they have a bathroom. Our 15 YO daughter really like being able to go to the bathroom rather than in the ocean during the SI. (too ickey :) Dad...) Our 17 YO daughter doesn't have this issue but it is a real comfort to our younger one.

I also second the dive computer idea.

I recently went modern and bought everyone except myself computers - leisurepro had the aeris wrist model (non-nitrox) for yard sale prices. I think I will even buy one for myself.

As for bathrooms - I agree. Used a dive boat from dive house last week on which there was a bathroom. Not a trivial issue at all. We all use full wetsuits ......

This may sound trivial to an experienced diver but one advantage of the larger boats at SCC is that they have a bathroom. Our 15 YO daughter really like being able to go to the bathroom rather than in the ocean during the SI. (too ickey :) Dad...) Our 17 YO daughter doesn't have this issue but it is a real comfort to our younger one.

Hey that can be an issue for some of us big kids too. I know you're not going to believe it, but I DON'T pee in my wetsuit and THANK GOODNESS all the boats at SCC have heads onboard.

Four more days and I'll be down there. Keep an eye on the webcam. I'll leave y'all a message. :D On March 2 watch the area just above the lockers... Scuba Club Cozumel Dive Resort - Cozumel, Mexico

Hey UNDEWATERPHOTOGRAPHER, I catch a glimpse of SCC web cam every day to get a "fix". Today it looks awefully choppy out there! I'll be looking for your message above the lockers down in the bottom right hand corner of the image!!! Sure do wish it was me heading down to the island in the next few days.... Have a blast and blow some bubbles for all of us stuck at home.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom